Date: 7.26.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 6382
Axv.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis

Buy Essay Online Cheap - Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis

Nov/Thu/2017 | Uncategorized

Write My Essay Online for Cheap - Adult Learning in Canada: A Comparative Perspective

Nov 16, 2017 Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis,

Custom Essay Writing Service - Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis -- Andragogy

Anne Truitt Vs. Anne Truitt#8230;and Uncle Clem. Essay On Adult Education Analysis. Had they been monochrome, the #8220;objects#8221; in of contractionary fiscal policy would be, Truitt#8217;s 1963 show would have qualified as first examples of on Adult, orthodox Minimal Art and with the help of science practicals, monochrome the artist would have been able to Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning dissemble her feminine sensibility behind a more aggressively far-out non-art look, as so many masculine Minimalists have their rather feminine sensibilities. Clement Greenberg , #8220;Truitt: Changer ,#8221; Vogue Magazine,1968. Examples. Reprinted: The Collected Essays and and Adult Learning, Criticism: Modernism with a Vengeance 1957-1969 . Problems in Art Criticism: A Cautionary Tale? From James Meyer#8217;s finely wrought interview in policy, Artforum (May 2002) we learn of Anne Truitt#8217;s double-life: #8220;I worked in on Adult Analysis, between carpools and buying food and arena chapel padua, cooking and whatever else I had to do. I lived an on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis outside life, but really I was living an inside life.#8221; Divorced at last, she also was lucky enough to have a Guggenheim grant that allowed her to practicals build a separate studio in her backyard. This separation shows in her art.

And there is no doubt that she was an odd duck: passive-aggressive, self-involved. She came from a #8220;good#8221; family, as did her husband. In fact, she admits she was attracted to him because, she says, he looked like her. Later, in and around the D.C. area, they were not exactly an invisible couple. On Adult Education And Adult Learning Analysis. They were associated with that moment#8217;s Camelot. Perhaps counting on an image of political naivety, she admitted many of her D.C. friends were in arena chapel padua, the C.I.A . Her husband James Truitt was personal assistant to Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis the publisher of the powerful Washington Post and was even at an example of contractionary fiscal policy, one point publisher of ArtNews. Education And Adult Learning. Thus ensued her curious life, moving here and of contractionary fiscal, there wherever hubby was employed, because she was the good and obedient wife and mother #8212; on on Adult Analysis, the surface. An Example Of Contractionary Fiscal Would Be. Of course she never admits that some of the marital problems she encountered may not have been entirely her husband#8217;s fault. Essay And Adult Analysis. She seems quite indifferent.

They divorced; he remarried and Networking, moved to and Adult Learning Analysis Mexico and for early years practitioner, later committed suicide. Figuratively speaking, she doesn#8217;t bat an Essay and Adult Learning Analysis eyelash. She is also icy about the science practicals, mysterious love-diary written by a close friend who was one of JFK#8217;s secret flings, or why it was sought by the CIA, or what Truitt or her husband had to do with the Essay on Adult Education Learning, scandal. Perhaps that is first mp3 players a mercy. Another Truitt text has been released on online by the Archives of Education and Adult, American Art of the arena, Smithsonian Institutions. It is the on Adult Analysis, entire transcript of science practicals, a long and boring oral-history interview.

Read it and weep. There is hardly anything about Truitt#8217;s art, and alas, the Education and Adult Learning Analysis, details of her domesticity are tedious. Personal. A life unedited is a life unseen. Even when she starts to make art, we don#8217;t care a fig. Essay. And neither does she, or so it seems. I thought I would find more details about personal statement for early her dealings with critic Greenberg or even juicy tidbits about Essay Education and Adult JFK. No such luck.

There is, however, one surprise. When Truitt moved with her husband to Japan for personal statement practitioner a year or so, one of her few friends was the Artopia-approved James Lee Byars, who at one point gave her an artwork that required she destroy it: I have not destroyed it. Imagine destroying it. I wasn#8217;t going to Essay Education and Adult do that. The Weight Of Cakes Essay. But that was the Essay on Adult Learning, whole essence of practicals, what his work was about, coming into Essay and Adult Analysis, being and going out of being, and about the passage of time. But we mustn#8217;t go off on him, because I could talk about him for hours. Chapel. A very interesting man and on Adult and Adult Learning, a real friend, and science practicals, the only Education and Adult person in all of Japan that I found with whom I could really talk. Science. We used to converse back and Essay, forth. Compatible. He was compatible. Mad.

Quite mad, but compatible. Finally, he ran out of chapel padua, money, but that was usual; he never had any money. But he ran out of Essay Learning, his visa, and that was a serious matter. Then they were going to deport him, so I called Maurice Tuchman at personal statement for early, the Los Angeles County Museum. And greatly to his credit and Essay on Adult Learning, forever to his credit, he met him at the airport.

I put him on science, the plane in Japan and on Adult and Adult, Maurice Tuchman met him in L.A. and arena chapel, took him under his wing and launched him into America. And then there are her books of writings. Here#8217;s a sample quote from a sheet produced by Learning Analysis the gallery that now handles her work: Having taken off from the houses, trees, fences, and first mp3 players, fields of Learning Analysis, my childhood#8230;I very soon found that I was leaving the for early, literal object behind#8230;I discovered form and color, and ultimately to the work I am doing now, at Essay, once more austere in The Weight examples, structure and more expressive in color#8230;. May 3,1975, Daybook. And similar cliches. They have the considered pomposity of a nun or a schoolmarm and are in the tiresome Willa Cather declarative mode.

Truitt, alas, seems also to aspire to Essay on Adult Education that pinnacle of CO and examples, pomposity reached by Essay Education and Adult Learning Analysis Georgia O#8217;Keeffe. Advantage Of Genetic Engineering. Problem: Must a critic consult an Essay on Adult and Adult artist#8217;s life, statements, interviews? Answer: It may be risky. Articulation is not the an example of contractionary fiscal, product of Essay on Adult Education Learning Analysis, intelligence; it is intelligence. An Example Of Contractionary Fiscal Policy Would. Of course, one may be visually, rather that verbally, intelligent or physically intelligent like a dancer. We cannot expect all artists to Learning Analysis be verbally intelligent, can we? The MoMA Syndrome Strikes Again! I have never really dealt with Truitt (1921-2004) in first mp3 players, any serious way, but, if the truth be known, she has over Learning Analysis and over arena padua induced in Essay on Adult, me what everyone now calls The MoMA Syndrome.

As I explained in padua, the last Artopia, we know what The Stendahl Syndrome is: Venice finally seen is on Adult Learning Analysis simply too much. Newer and of genetic, less known is Education Learning Analysis The Paris Syndrome: tourists every year faint from first, disappointment when they finally see The City of Education and Adult Analysis, Light. In a natural progression, I have identified The MoMA Syndrome as that feeling of an example fiscal policy would, disappointment when you finally see real art you have previously known only from reproductions. MoMA itself is Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning not to science blame; I merely use it as a symbol because it is lucky to Analysis have so many iconic artworks. Of Contractionary Fiscal Policy. The MoMA Syndrome can strike in any major museum and in commercial galleries, too. The MoMA Syndrome is Education and Adult Learning not without problems. An Example Of Contractionary Fiscal Policy Would Be. At the Essay on Adult and Adult Analysis, risk of engineering, trafficking in paradoxes, there is the unavoidable deception that occurs when using superior imagery to illustrate art you find wanting. You undercut your text. It only sets up false expectations.

Should illustrations be eschewed? I was going to do that here, but thought better of on Adult Education, it. The olive green/khaki monochrome, I reproduce is the arena padua, best in the exhibition and shown all alone in Education Analysis, a small room off the science practicals, main exhibition space. Education And Adult Learning. Also, there is the scary hypothesis that when the reproduction is more attractive than what is being pictured, it might be the image that is really the art. Purification is personal statement for early years objectification. Essay On Adult Analysis. The virtual could become the fact. Padua. I look at slide projections and color reproductions in books, magazines and Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning, now on Asthma examples, the internet and always think that I love Truitt#8217;s work #8212; until I actually see it. On Adult Education Learning Analysis. In reality, the corners of the Emissions,, four-square columns are not crisp enough. The colors are lame and on Adult and Adult Analysis, often pasty.

Those #8220;crowns#8221; and dropped-panty #8220;baseboards#8221; are arbitrary. Science. Oh, how I would like to Education and Adult Analysis love her work. Other than Helen Frankenthaler, she was really the years practitioner, only woman in Education Learning, Greenberg#8217;s pantheon. And a Minimalist! Well, almost a Minimalist, as we shall see. Perhaps a Minimalist by default. Of Cakes Examples. And Then There Were Three. Kenneth Noland told David Smith about Essay her, and advantage of genetic engineering, Smith told critic Greenberg: #8220;And now there will be three,#8221; Truitt remembered Greenberg saying. On Adult Education. He meant Noland, Morris Louis, and herself. Mind you, I say, not feisty Gene Davis with his vertical stripes.

Not Sam Gilliam with his paint-soaked, unstretched, draped canvase. Personal For Early. Not any other D.C. Education And Adult. artist of the mp3 players, period. I should like Truitt because I do have a taste for reduced forms and for color, and, I confess, always seek the Essay on Adult, mystic. Science. I should like her because she seems finally (she later claimed) not to have followed Greenberg#8217;s orders; she thought he wanted her to be less Minimal. I think she should have been more Minimal, but simply did not have the talent or the nerve. Essay On Adult Education Learning Analysis. I should like Truitt because she is mp3 players a woman and there were very few female artists who made it through the hoop during the period of the and Adult Analysis, William Rubin/Clem Greenberg autocracy. (I almost said #8220;anti-left#8221; autocracy.) Although we know Uncle Clem moved from the left to the right, probably after the personal statement for early, Hitler-Stalin Pact, I have no idea what Rubin#8217;s politics were. Essay On Adult And Adult. Of course, many in the #8217;30s just gave up on Soviet Marxism, either transferring to Trotsky#8217;s Permanent Revolution or willfully sinking into The Weight of Cakes Essay, denial about the Essay Education and Adult, Stalin-Hitler deal, like my old friend Alice Neel. Of Contractionary Would Be. Rubin was curator at MoMA; his brother Lawrence was a successful art dealer with how shall I say it? #8212; overlapping art tastes.

He showed Frank Stella; MoMA showed Stella. In regard to Uncle Clem, what we have against him now is Essay Education and Adult that after championing Jackson Pollock and David Smith, he was wrong forever after. Emissions, CO And Asthma Essay Examples. Jules Olitski was not a great painter; sugary is Essay on Adult Analysis not augury. He may have been right about of genetic engineering Kenneth Noland (1924-2010), but the on Adult Education and Adult Analysis, jury is still out. Science Practicals. The Guggenheim, which hosted a Noland retrospective in Essay and Adult Learning, 1977, has dredged up a four-painting memorial show in its Monitor Gallery, just off the fourth-floor ramp. And Half , 1959, a #8220;target#8221;, is quintessential. So too The Time (1967) in practicals, terms of the #8220;horizontals#8221; #8212; horizontal stripes, always wider than tall that seem vast and Essay on Adult Learning, preternaturally flat at Asthma Essay examples, the same time.

Trans Shift , 1964, is on Adult Education Learning Analysis a failure, like most of the personal statement for early years practitioner, dynamic #8220;chevrons.#8221; Strand , 1981, is an Essay and Adult Analysis irregular, 8-sided shaped canvas that, in first, my view, is a disaster. While promoting some very minor talents indeed #8212; I am not here referring to Essay Education and Adult Learning Noland #8212; Clem was unremitting in and Security Essay, his hatred of Pop and Analysis, Minimalism. Arena Padua. Wrong, wrong. Essay Education And Adult Learning. I mean, he was earlier wrong about de Kooning, so how could anyone thereafter trust him? Here is a video that shows Uncle Clem at his most rhetorically deceptive, for fiscal be who among us would want easy art and Essay and Adult Learning, who would not want personal taste challenged, along with popular taste? Come on, be a man. First Mp3 Players. Minimalism in Essay Education Learning Analysis, many ways developed out of Greenbergian formalism. Automobile Essay Examples. Without Greenberg, there would not have been a Stella. On Adult Education And Adult Learning Analysis. Why didn#8217;t he see that Stella#8217;s black pinstripes and even his protractor paintings are beautifully inert and advantage engineering, self-referring? He could not have known in Essay Education, the #8217;60s that Stella would tank #8212; aesthetically speaking.

And after two MoMA exhibitions. Nor does it make sense that Greenberg was not really sold on Barnett Newman and certainly not Ad Reinhardt. Perhaps because Reinhardt stayed with his pre-War social commitments? Was Newman too much of an examples anarchist for on Adult Learning Clem#8217;s Cold War politics? But, oh, not only are we not to mix art and life, we are not to Networking and Security Essay mix art and Learning, politics, unless it is practicals right-wing politics.

In real life #8212; I only met him once Uncle Clem seemed benign and avuncular, and he certainly was not stupid. On Adult And Adult. I had always admired his tough writing style. Here#8217;s a key paragraph that everyone knows by personal statement for early years heart. Essay Education And Adult Analysis. It#8217;s wrong, but convincing because it sounds so good: T he essence of Modernism lies, as I see it, in the use of characteristic methods of personal for early, discipline to criticize the Essay Education Learning Analysis, discipline itself, not in order to subvert it but in chapel padua, order to Education and Adult Analysis entrench it more firmly in Networking and Security Essay, its area of competence. We were the battling jurors of the Syracuse Scholar/Everson Museum of Art Drawing National in Education and Adult Learning Analysis, 1985. I was the science practicals, curator of the Everson Museum upstate. I.M. On Adult Learning. Pei#8217;s photogenic building was already leaking and science practicals, sinking.

Syracuse University, on Essay Education and Adult, the hill, was Uncle Clem#8217;s alma mater and engineering, he still had some roots in that God-forsaken brown-soil town, once a canal hub, once an on Adult and Adult Learning industrial center. Science Practicals. What I remember most vividly is Education Analysis that he voted for any female nude, no matter how ineptly drawn. The old satyr. Networking. Interestingly enough, as I settled in as resident curator, local painters of a certain sort invited me to Education make studio visits. Artists are everywhere. I was shocked that they expected me, like Uncle Clem, to tell them what to of contractionary policy would do. There was even a Greenberg exercise they called #8220;Around the Clock.#8221; A painting would be rotated until Uncle Clem decided which end was up. Essay On Adult Analysis. I should like Truitt#8217;s work. But then I see the work in arena chapel padua, the flesh, as it were. There happens to be a goodly sampling now at Matthew Marks (522 W. 22 nd St., to Education and Adult June 26), and statement for early years, I found myself looking forward to it, but it turns out Essay Education that I had to personal statement practitioner circle and circle to find the good pieces, separating out far too many failures.

Since Truitt#8217;s work is at least quasi-sculptural, the installation video on the gallery website is better than most stills. Education And Adult Learning. Sculpture needs to science be circled, and you need zooms and Essay on Adult Education Learning, multiple points of science practicals, view. Education Analysis. But the advantage of genetic engineering, camera eye always slicks up all surfaces and textural discontinuities. And Adult Learning Analysis. Since we are all photographers, we can translate what we are looking at into the cyclopean view, which is Emissions, Essay rectangular, flat and divorced from larger relationships. The cyclopean fixed image, however, is Essay on Adult and Adult Learning Analysis difficult to reverse. It sticks in practicals, the mind #8212; a memorial to Essay Analysis the death of nuance, the Automobile Asthma Essay examples, destruction of and Adult Analysis, time. Uh-oh. MoMA Syndrome at work? Or are these pillars really dull? Do I like that most of of Cakes examples, these cubic columns float an inch or so on Education Learning, hidden, recessed risers? It makes them less like Minimalist sculptures, that#8217;s for chapel padua sure.

But does it make them more like paintings? Yes and no. And I do like the vacillations between painting and on Adult Education Learning, sculpture. Artopia will always be in The Weight of Cakes Essay examples, favor of the Essay on Adult Education Learning Analysis, interstitial. How Greenberg liked Truitt#8217;s work is still a mystery. It really cannot fit into Automobile Emissions,, his evolutionary art-determinism #8212; Picasso leading to Essay on Adult Education Learning Analysis David Smith in an example policy be, the same way that fish lead to and Adult Learning amphibians and amphibians to advantage dinosaurs. Or the way feudalism, leads to capitalism, which in Learning Analysis, turn must lead to science communism. The Photogenic Jinx. On Adult And Adult. To cut to The Weight of Cakes Essay examples the quick, Truitt#8217;s color/sculpture/things, like Pop Art, are photogenic. And Adult Learning Analysis. In real life, however, they disappoint. The works do not look good in advantage of genetic, groupings either.

She herself never conceived of Essay and Adult Learning, them that way. In fact, in the Myer interview she remembers her surprise at the installation of her first New York show at the Andre Emmerich Gallery in New York: Let me go back to personal statement for early February 1963, with these three menBill Rubin, Clem, and on Adult Education Learning Analysis, Ken [Noland]arranging the science, stuff in Andre#8217;s gallery. Essay On Adult And Adult. I was completely floored. Chapel Padua. I had never thought of the works together. I had simply thought of them as individual sculptures. Essay On Adult Education And Adult Analysis. I was astonished to first see how they considered them in relation to Essay Learning one another. Arena Chapel. And they put two of on Adult Analysis, them in the back room because they didn#8217;t #8220;fit.#8221; Greenberg lectured all and sundry that each medium should remain true to itself. Painting should be flat and have no illusions #8212; no tin cans or beer cans stuck on. Of Contractionary Fiscal Policy Be. And certainly not be produced by on Adult Education Learning Analysis switching a stuffed goat for personal statement for early practitioner stretched canvas.

He was a ruthless scold. On Adult Education Learning. Now, of course, it is chapel easy to Essay on Adult Education Learning Analysis see that at the root of advantage of genetic engineering, this was something deeply sexual: his fear of the Essay Education Analysis, interstitial. Science Practicals. Not all Pop artists were gay. Essay. Greenberg#8217;s accusation against the Minimalists and Networking and Security Essay, what he calls #8220; their femininity#8221; (see quote at on Adult Education and Adult, the top) is advantage of genetic engineering totally loony, unless in Essay Analysis, some backhanded way he wanted to an example of contractionary fiscal would be indicate that everyone is both masculine and Essay Learning Analysis, feminine. Networking And Security. Certainly Truitt#8217;s signature artworks are formally interstitial #8212; neither painting nor sculpture, but something in between. But why was she the exception to Essay on Adult and Adult Learning Analysis Greenberg#8217;s dictum?

If her interviews are accurate, she had the charm of first mp3 players, a wet mink coat. Essay Education And Adult Analysis. Was it David Smith or Greenberg who was impressed by Truitt#8217;s social credentials? Is it permissible for a woman to advantage engineering be interstitial, but not a man? This time #8212; and I think my last time #8212; I determined that Truitt#8217;s least fussy pieces are the on Adult Learning, most successful. Yet I would have liked her to have taken another step. Science Practicals. The contrasting horizontal bands at Essay on Adult Education and Adult Analysis, the crown and/or base of the already too figurative pillars are not integral or really very interesting. They are like accents, and of Cakes, whatever oppositions or dialogues they set up with the main color could well be eliminated. She couldn#8217;t take what can only be called the John McCracken leap into totally acompositional color. If she had fully embraced the monochromatic, she might have been able to say something truthful.

Two works by two contemporary women artists also bring up some critical problems, none of Essay Education Analysis, which have to do with feminist content per se . That content is The Weight of Cakes Essay now a given; we applaud such content. Essay Analysis. Mary Carlson#8217;s Flag , a gigantic, handmade, artificially faded Old Glory now hanging in practicals, the strange glassed-in space at Long Island University in Essay Education Learning, Brooklyn (Humanities Gallery, 1 University Place, to June 11), is engineering a knockout. And Adult Learning. Inspired by faded 9/11 flags she had seen, it is first not, however, her first handmade flag. She made all-white #8220;ghost#8221; American flags in the early #8217;90s, and Essay Education and Adult Analysis, again in #8217;07. Personal Statement Practitioner. It was the January 2010 Campaign Financing Supreme Court ruling, allowing unlimited corporate political contributions, that caused her to take up needle and thread and Essay Learning, sewing machine again, outdoing herself. The new #8220;old#8221; flag is perfect in practicals, scale and Education, placement. I perused the images on and Security, her website: yes, there are other flags.

The flags are by Essay on Adult Education Learning Analysis far her strongest work. Networking And Security Essay. And if I were to #8220;Clem#8221; her, I#8217;d tell her to stick to Essay Education and Adult flags; she needs a little bit of branding. Arena Padua. Besides, a giant handmade flag #8212; thank you Betsey Ross #8212; is Essay on Adult Education Learning far different from an first encaustic one concocted by Jasper Johns, but continues the argument with great force. Education And Adult. Should I, a critic, be telling artists what to do? Well, somebody has to keep them in line. Kate Gilmore#8217;s snazzy Walk the Walk , sponsored by the Public Art Fund, was on display in Bryant Park behind the main branch of the New York Public Library, May 10-14. We have already mentioned Gilmore#8217;s excellent video/performance in first, the Whitney Biennial. Trapped inside a double-walled, almost ceiling-high column of her own making, Gilmore, in a polka-dot dress, is seen from above kicking at the internal walls with her high heels trying to Essay on Adult Education get to the top of the and Security, column, revealing glimpses of on Adult and Adult Learning Analysis, yellow. Chapel Padua. Will she make it to Essay and Adult Analysis the top to Essay escape, or at Essay Education, least to turn off the advantage engineering, video camera? We looked forward to Essay on Adult Education Learning Analysis seeing what Gilmore could do using seven women performers atop a yellow cube in of genetic engineering, the open air. Essay On Adult. Unlike Roberta Smith in the New York Times, we were not at advantage engineering, all disappointed.

In fact, camera in Education and Adult Learning, hand, yours truly thought it was so good he considered doing his first circumambulation appropriation, snapshoting as he slowly circled the The Weight Essay, canary-yellow cube. All in yellow skirts and on Adult and Adult Analysis, white pumps, the women on top of the first, open cube walked aimlessly, randomly, but without being either sullen or sunny #8212; a neat trick. Education Learning. The yellow rhymed with passing taxicabs. The sound of first mp3 players, heels could have been clog-dancing done by Essay Education Learning distracted deer. The spectacle made one think. A septet of secretaries? A paean to mp3 players the unsung gofers in nearby offices?

A sarcastic comment on voyeurism? Here too it helps to know that a woman was responsible for the artwork. Essay On Adult. Produced by a man, the meaning would be different. Personal For Early. We too will congratulate Gilmore on Essay and Adult Analysis, her expansion; but Walk The Walk clearly is up to her usual level, if not beyond. She is kicking down another wall. And Security Essay. Public art is Essay Education Learning seen by Networking and Security Essay more non-art audiences than video, which (with the exception of YouTube incarnations) is indeed like #8220;preaching to the converted.#8221; * johnperreault is on on Adult Education Analysis, Facebook. * follow johnperreault on Twitter. Networking And Security Essay. FOR AN AUTOMATIC ARTOPIA ALERT, PLEASE E-MAIL: perreault@aol.com. I have written about Essay and Adult art for Networking and Security a number of Education Learning Analysis, years, specializing in Automobile Emissions, CO and Asthma examples, first-person art criticism as art critic for the Village Voice, then in the Soho News. I have championed. Read More#x02026; ARTOPIA is an art diary featuring my evaluations of the art I see in galleries, museums, public spaces, and sometimes in artists' studios.

I specialize in new art or art that needs to be looked at in a fresh way, in terms of and Adult Learning, contemporary practice. #x02026; [Read More. ] Examples of John Perreault's art and his biography: johnperreault.info John Perreault is on Facebook and Twitter. Arena Chapel Padua. #x02026; [Read More. ] John Perreault interviewed on WPS1. Now available as a podcast. Essay Education Learning Analysis. Click here: PODCAST. #x02026; [Read More. ]

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers - Adult Education And Adult Learning Analysis - 1484 Words - brightkite

Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers - Adult Learning in Canada: A Comparative Perspective

Order Essays Online Cheap - Adult Education Essay Examples | Kibin

resume media Resume Media has evolved into Education and Adult Learning Analysis, a collection of features that might. appeal to users who have libraries of first video and audio files. Designed in Windows. Mostly works in Linux. Not yet in Essay on Adult Education Analysis, OSX. Resume Media displays the saved positions of all media as well as a. bookmark where last played in each table. Media segments can be.

defined without editing your file allowing you to watch or listen. to your favorite parts. Media can be automatically added or removed. from a table when the media stops or finishes. Old-style tv video. ratios can be adjusted without going to and Security, the VLC menu each time. There are fun settings to sample media for a number of seconds or.

play at different speeds. And more. album. Education! The resume feature then allows you to play and stop and. quickly resume whichever entries interest you at of genetic engineering the time until you. have finally completed the list. Sort the list to see which entries. you have started. chapters. Never lose your place.

Adjust 'rewind' time to your liking. to help re-sync your memory with the story. Adjust 'playback speed' to speed up (or slow down) that over-acting narrator or to save time. Then go to the segments list to on Adult Education Learning, play whichever highlights that. friends and relatives are leaning over your shoulder to see. You can also tag the individual titles in science, a single file album.

a table. Then, when you are ready, move one entry to VLC, expand it, and import the media list back to a different table for execution. The playing media is bookmarked with an '*' symbol. When finished, the bookmark advances to the next unfinished media. If all media finished, the bookmark increments to the next media. There's a convenient button to Essay Learning, play the bookmark where you left off.

Play unfinished or whole table with options to randomize and loop. * Designed in of genetic engineering, Windows. On Adult And Adult Learning Analysis! Mostly works in Networking and Security Essay, Linux. Does not work in OSX. See Mac Attack and Licking Linux near the and Adult end of the description. * If this version is not available in the VLC Addons Manager, you can.

install it manually from this Addons site. Open zip file, copy the lua. file to C:Users%UserName%AppDataRoamingvlcluaextensions. or %homedir%/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/ for Linux (unhide .local) Create ..luaextensions directory if necessary.

Delete old versions. When installed, restart VLC and The Weight Essay examples check 'Resume Media' in View menu. (Extensions must be checked each time VLC is opened. It's OK. ) * A Command prompt window will flash in Windows the first time only. to create the data directory ..vlcVLC Resume Media. Note: The [play/options] menu changes while VLC playlist is playing. * If the VLC playlist is stopped (not playing), then you can click. [play/options] [add VLC] to on Adult Education Learning Analysis, add the CO and Asthma VLC playlist to current table.

* If the VLC playlist is Essay Learning Analysis, playing (or paused), then you can click. [play/options] [position] to add the playing media to fiscal would, the table. * There's a setting to allow automatic new entries when media stops. * Click [play/options] [settings] to access the settings table. * There is a media-just-started tolerance of 60 seconds, so you have. 60 seconds to Essay on Adult Learning, sample media without saving the stop position. * When resuming, position will rewind 5 seconds from The Weight Essay examples, saved position. * Settings 'media-just-started' and 'rewind' are adjustable. * In the event there are identical media names in the VLC playlist, Resume Media assumes they are truly identical (same media file).

* Operations are performed on current table. Switching tables while. media playing may cause stop position to be updated in the new table. * Marking a table with '*' will remove media from table when finished. * The number of tables is Essay Education Analysis, adjustable from 1 to Emissions,, 50 tables. * Higher tables are not deleted when the Essay and Adult number of tables is first, lowered. * To delete a table datafile, remove all contents and Essay on Adult and Adult Analysis remove mark '*'. * Combining tables saves the highest position of duplicate entries. * When sorting by mp3 players, time, 'Finished' media will always be at Essay on Adult Analysis the bottom. * You can set media saved positions to 'hh:mm:ss' or to 'Finished'.

* 'Finished' media will not update position unless reset to 'hh:mm:ss'. * 'Finished' media will remain in any table when replayed to Automobile CO and Asthma Essay, the end. * You can backup your tables if needed by Learning Analysis, copying the data directory. (In the data directory, the Emissions, CO and Asthma examples table # in each file is the file # plus 1) * If you open Resume Media while a media is Analysis, playing, the engineering next stop. event will be undetectable. Stop and restart media to allow detection. or click [play/options] to manually save the position without stopping. useful for on Adult and Adult Analysis, making convenient tables of playlists.

Note that the advantage saved. position and bookmark are meaningless for these files and do not. respond as expected. two instances of VLC must switch to different tables so that the. instances do not overwrite each other's tables. changes and need to restore a table, then go to [settings] and enter: restore t1 | restore t1 t2 | restore all , where. t1 = table to restore, t2 = alternate destination, all = all tables.

There are three Key=Value parameters which can be set for each. media in any table. The two picture keys are described in the Picture. section following this and on Adult and Adult Analysis apply to video only. The third key is: A reasonable range for % is 25 to 300 and the default is RMP=100. The motivation for an example of contractionary fiscal would be, adding the on Adult Education Analysis speed key is to first mp3 players, allow up or down tuning. of an Education and Adult Learning instrumental audio to sync it with a live instrument performance. (See Pitch setting in an example of contractionary fiscal would be, the Fun Settings section further down.) * If the Playback Speed setting in the Settings table is set to other.

than 100 (also see Fun Settings) then that speed setting overrides the. individual RMP speed keys for each media. * Go to the Resume Media Settings and on Adult Education allow application of keys. * While a media is playing (or paused), go to: [play/options] [keys] to set the Automobile CO and examples keys for media in the current table. * Spaces are not allowed in Key=Value. * To delete a key, enter Key= (no value) or remove Key= altogether. * To delete all keys, clear the Education and Adult input line. * There is Automobile Emissions, CO and examples, one level of [undo], then [cancel] will reset the on Adult Education and Adult Learning keys to.

the values before [keys] was pressed. * There is a Keys setting in the Settings table which is 1, 2 or 3: 1= Do not apply keys (existing keys are preserved in the tables) 2= Apply keys. Also, when in the [keys] input screen, corresponding. keys which have been placed in the playing media's metadata (explained. further down) will be read from the Automobile Emissions, CO and Asthma examples metadata and Learning Analysis placed in the input.

box to allow easy manual entry of the key values into Networking, the table. 3= Apply keys. Also, corresponding keys which have been placed in. the playing media's metadata will be read from the metadata and. automatically entered into the table for on Adult and Adult Analysis, that media.

Note: It may take several plays to first mp3 players, successfully read the metadata. You can place keys (ex. RMP=102) in a media file's metadata comments. section to Essay Education Learning, save the keys with the media file when not in a table. * Changing metadata is easier in Windows.

Go to Properties Details Comments. If you select a group of similar files, you can change them. all at once. Of Contractionary Fiscal Would Be! Remove write-protection first. * When in the [keys] or [segments] screen, you can enter getallkeys in the input line to retrieve all keys (including segment keys) into. the input line for on Adult Education Analysis, easy transfer to a file's metadata comments section. * Segments are also keys, but their structure is advantage of genetic, normally hidden.

Be careful when including segment keys in and Adult Learning, the metadata, since they can. be long. The limit using Windows properties is. (Be careful changing metadata using VLC. I have seen media corrupted.) I might generalize to allow any vlcrc parameter to be used as a key. Let me know if you want a particular VLC parameter added to Networking and Security Essay, the. keys to allow individual media adjustment and I will check it out. Parameters differ in success when applied by on Adult, lua extensions. Users with videos or tv recordings that need picture adjustment might.

be tired of manually adjusting the picture in VLC each time they play. There are Resume Media keys to fiscal would, adjust aspect-ratio and crop values. automatically while a video is playing. * Picture keys are RMA=nn:mm and RMC=nn:mm where nn:mm are ratios. (Ex. Education Learning! RMA=16:11 might make a boxy tv video aspect-ratio more appealing.) * See the Keys section above to enter keys into engineering, the table. * For technical reasons, application of picture keys is limited to. single selection plays initiated from any one of the Resume Media play. options.

Multiple selections will play normally. Since videos are. usually long, playing one at a time should not be an issue. Segmenting of media allows you to on Adult, set start and stop times and fiscal would be name. the segments for any media (usually video, but audio also). Resume. Media will play the segments while ignoring the other parts. * Go to Learning Analysis, the Resume Media Settings and an example of contractionary fiscal policy would be allow segmenting of media. * Play any media in the current Resume Media table. (Pausing is ok, since a paused media is Essay and Adult Learning Analysis, still considered to be 'playing'.) * Now click [play/options] [segments] to prepare to edit segments. * Click [get] without selection to add media position to the input box. With a selection, [get] will load existing segment into the input box.

* Segment elements are [start stop name]. Get a start and science practicals stop time, add an Education and Adult optional name, click [save]. Save order is based on Essay examples start time. - The start/stop times will be switched if they are out of order. - Type 'end' instead of a time to on Adult Education Learning, indicate play to end of media. - The segment name cannot contain parentheses, ( or ). * You can [delete] unwanted segments. * Segment play is limited to single plays initiated from Resume Media. Multiple selections will play normally without segments.

* Setting mousewheel to position control in VLC Hotkey Preferences. can make locating start and first stop times more convenient. * There is a Resume Media setting to on Adult and Adult, set the VLC Fullscreen setting. Use this to keep segment play in a window or fullscreen. An alternate.

Fullscreen setting in an example of contractionary fiscal policy be, the VLC Video Menu lasts for Education and Adult Learning Analysis, one VLC session. * For consistent window viewing, you might want to consider unchecking. 'Resize Interface to Video size' in VLC Interface Preferences. * By default, the media name will show on first mp3 players a video at the beginning of. each segment.

There is a VLC Video Preference setting to turn that off. attempt is made to make the Education segments behave like a single file. Automobile Emissions, CO And Asthma Essay! The. segments will play in Essay and Adult Learning Analysis, order and then the media will be marked finished. The media can be stopped and resumed in any segment. You can click. later in the time line and Emissions, Essay examples Resume Media will play the Essay Education and Adult segment closest.

to the time clicked. Clicking past the last segment will finish media. If [^loopv] selected in [play More] then the segments will loop. so the media will just play from there until it hits the first end time of. the segment it was playing. Resume Media can detect When you click.

past the segment end time and and Adult Learning Analysis thereby decide what should be done next. Clicking Play in VLC instead of would Resume Media will not play segments. If you highlight some segments, then when the current segment ends, Resume Media will loop the highlighted segments. This allows you to.

dynamically choose which segments will play. Also, clicking later in. the time line (past the Essay on Adult Education segment end) will play the next highlighted. segment instead of the one closest to the time clicked, thus allowing. you to jump through the highlighted segments. When there are no. highlights or you exit from the an example of contractionary be segment list, segments play normally. Be careful not to click [delete] when segments are highlighted.

* Run time lets you sample all media for a set number of seconds. * Start time lets you start further into Learning Analysis, the media. A saved position. will override this value. * Playback speed lets you, say, listen to Networking Essay, an audio book faster or. have fun with a video, etc. * Pitch setting allows the Essay on Adult Education and Adult Analysis audio pitch to first mp3 players, vary or be unaffected when. playback speed is varied.

Allows tuning of instrumental audio media. * Loop setting allows automatic looping when playing from on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis, Resume Media. that one song or piano piece out of a 100 you are looking for. (Use saved positions combined with Run time for advantage of genetic engineering, deep sampling.) I have not had access to a Mac for a while now. Mac users who want to.

experiment to get Resume Media working on OSX can try the following: Set allowosx = true near top of on Adult lua file for and Security, Resume Media to run. For tinkerers only. On Adult Education And Adult Analysis! Don't get mad at anyone. Back up your lua file.

Go down to osx_display() function and tinker with display settings. There is Automobile Emissions, Essay, some additional explanation of the Education and Adult display issues there. When (if) the display works, I will check the rest of the functions. *** constructive comments are welcome *** The dialog window starts out large and gets longer with each operation. the VLC developers, and accepted. Automobile CO And Asthma! There hasn't been any movement on. fixing this issue since 4/27. The VLC team needs programmers to help. to make Resume Media for OSX possible.

Everything seems to work properly in Linus except segmenting. I will work to fix this issue. Please let me know if there are. other repeatable issues that you would like me to address. Thanks.

If you like this program, please put your mouse cursor on the 'Score' at the top and click the plus sign when it appears. Thanks!! Last changelog: 2015-09-24 V3.40 61675. Detect XP in addition to later Windows. Setting to show/hide playlist control buttons in Resume Media. Setting to always loop selections played from Resume Media.

Setting for constant/variable audio pitch when playback speed changed. Added key to allow individual media playback speeds. 2015-07-14 V3.38 58343. Fix button-click function re-entry issue for Essay on Adult Learning Analysis, Linux. 2015-07-10 V3.37 58099. Now also works in Linux for the most part. Table data moved to VLC Resume Media directory in the vlc directory. Tables backed up before a session and restorable during the of genetic engineering session.

2015-07-01 V3.36 57668. Correct media finished flag in segment play. 2015-06-30 V3.35 57615. Correct looping issue in Essay on Adult Learning Analysis, segment play. 2015-06-30 V3.34 57605. Correct 'run-time' setting behavior. Segment play order now correct if segments should happen to overlap. 2015-06-18 V3.33 56938. Segments can be dynamically selected for play in the segments list. 2015-06-12 V3.32 56608. Improve some behaviors.

2015-05-31 V3.31 56015. Correct label in table view. 2015-05-31 V3.30 56000. Reverse default table behavior to not automatically add/delete media. Settings can be changed as needed to automate add/delete behavior. 2015-05-28 V3.30 beta1 55803.

Introduction of science practicals media segmenting. 2015-05-27 V3.23 55668. Correct picture key handling when table order changes. 2015-04-13 V3.22 50813. Use the input box to Essay on Adult Education and Adult, set picture keys, saved positions and Networking Essay settings.

Change to picture-adjust keys only allowed when video playing. Setting to Learning Analysis, suppress automatic new table entry when media stops. 2015-03-24 V3.21 47979. Playback speed can now be set without restarting VLC. 2015-03-17 V3.20 46639. New settings for start time, run time and playback speed Correct picture adjustment settings altered in V3.10.

New setting to close or hide Resume Media when 'X' clicked. Eliminate one second delay between button clicks. Settings table now has its own button in the [play] menu. Allow copy as well as move when combining tables. Improve a few behaviors. Display and first adjust picture keys for the whole table. A manual update will now also update 'Finished' media.

Setting to show bookmarked table entries in list of tables. Advance bookmark when bookmarked media set to 'Finished'. Setting to allow manual or automatic picture adjustment. Version 3 with simpler handshaking with VLC. Bookmark feature added to Essay Education and Adult Learning Analysis, keep track where last played. Play Bookmark/Unfinished/Table/Selection with Random/Loop options. Revert to an example of contractionary policy be, version 2.40 due to unresolved issue in version 3. V2 main menu and other buttons improved. Bookmark and Analysis autoplay features added.

Table can be randomized manually or in autoplay. Main menu and other buttons improved. If media is playing, clicking [import/play] will now do a manual. update of the playing position without stopping the media. Improved text-reading economy using patterns. Cosmetic changes only.

Modified a few labels. More intuitive. 'Keep Media' mark is now '*' instead of 'K'. User settings (variables) are now adjusted in the dialog window. Removed the advantage of genetic engineering instances/exclude/busy complexity and issues, thus. simplifying Resume Media and the dialog for the majority of users. Moved user variables to top of download file for easy adjustment. New variables to adjust size of Essay Education Learning table dialog window. Set variable simple = true to force a single hidden table with no. table dialog window. And Security Essay! Control media and resume from the VLC playlist.

Rewind 5 seconds when resuming (adjustable variable 'rewind'). Selection no longer needed before entering Set/Delete mode. Set default media-just-started to 60 rather than 30 seconds. Set media completed flag to 'Finished' rather than 00:00:01. You can now reset media to 00:00:00 or set to 'Finished.' Amend the on Adult Education Analysis previous update to an example fiscal would, include the Education Learning Analysis case where the media is paused.

If the table dialog 'Play' button is clicked while media is advantage of genetic engineering, playing, the media. stop position will now update before selected entries are enqueued in VLC. One click can stop/enqueue or enqueue/play but not stop/enqueue/play. Allow media to remain in Essay on Adult Education, an excluded table when completed. Set X for normal exclude or K to keep media with time reset to 00:00:01. Disallow automatic resume if Resume Media is opened while media is. playing, because the next stop event is an example fiscal be, undetectable in this case. Correct dialog update if media stopped during the tables dialog display.

Correct open table option broken in last update. Refine the media detection to eliminate spurious updates. A few other minor improvements. Resume Media will now open even if all tables are busy or excluded. This should be rare, but it allows recovery if tables are orphaned.

Message saying that busy tables cannot be combined. Correct multiple-selection delete and move operations. Support for multiple tables. Entries can be sorted by time or name. Add ability to rearrange table and to import the VLC playlist. * To add it automatically, click [Play/Options] and then [Settings]. Near the bottom, change Block- to Allow new table entry when media stops. From then on, when you stop a media in VLC, Resume Media will add the media name and stop position to the current table if it is not already there. Good luck, Rocky. I can open the Essay and Adult Analysis extension from the menu under VLC/Extensions but the Networking window that opens never contains anything. I've also tried setting 'simple = true' in on Adult and Adult Analysis, the file and still no luck, and also various ways of pausing/stopping/closing a video.

and create subdirectory ..luaextensions. and created a text file named VLC Resume Media V3.lua 2. Type Cntl-A to Automobile examples, highlight the whole file contents. 3. Type Cntl-C to copy the file contents to Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning, the clipboard. 4. Open the VLC Resume Media V3.lua file you created in a text editor like Notepad. 5. Type Cntl-V to copy the contents into the file. Close the file.

6. Open VLC and go to View menu at Automobile examples the top. 7. Essay On Adult And Adult! If everything went as planned, you will see Resume Media V3 at the bottom of the View Menu. 8. Click it, and the Resume Media dialog window will open. Getting the same result as others - Resume pops a large window, striped, with no content, titled 'Resume Media Table 1'. I use windows 7 and when I press the download button I am immediately transferred to a txt page which says this - -- VLC Lua Extension by Rocky Dotterer 5/5/2014. filename = -- change if you want file(s) in your own directory. How can I download the Extension? 2015-09-24 V3.40 61675. Detect XP in addition to later Windows. Setting to show/hide playlist control buttons in Resume Media. Setting to always loop selections played from Resume Media.

Setting for constant/variable audio pitch when playback speed changed. Added key to allow individual media playback speeds. 2015-07-14 V3.38 58343. Fix button-click function re-entry issue for Linux. 2015-07-10 V3.37 58099. Now also works in Linux for the most part. Table data moved to VLC Resume Media directory in the vlc directory. Tables backed up before a session and restorable during the session. 2015-07-01 V3.36 57668. Correct media finished flag in segment play.

2015-06-30 V3.35 57615. Correct looping issue in segment play. 2015-06-30 V3.34 57605. Correct 'run-time' setting behavior. Segment play order now correct if segments should happen to an example of contractionary be, overlap. 2015-06-18 V3.33 56938. Segments can be dynamically selected for and Adult Analysis, play in the segments list. 2015-06-12 V3.32 56608.

Improve some behaviors. 2015-05-31 V3.31 56015. Correct label in table view. 2015-05-31 V3.30 56000. Reverse default table behavior to practicals, not automatically add/delete media. Settings can be changed as needed to on Adult Education and Adult Learning, automate add/delete behavior. 2015-05-28 V3.30 beta1 55803. Introduction of of contractionary fiscal be media segmenting. 2015-05-27 V3.23 55668. Correct picture key handling when table order changes. 2015-04-13 V3.22 50813.

Use the input box to set picture keys, saved positions and settings. Change to picture-adjust keys only allowed when video playing. Setting to suppress automatic new table entry when media stops. 2015-03-24 V3.21 47979. Playback speed can now be set without restarting VLC. 2015-03-17 V3.20 46639. New settings for start time, run time and playback speed

Correct picture adjustment settings altered in V3.10. New setting to on Adult and Adult Learning, close or hide Resume Media when 'X' clicked. Eliminate one second delay between button clicks. Settings table now has its own button in science, the [play] menu. Allow copy as well as move when combining tables. Improve a few behaviors.

Display and adjust picture keys for the whole table. A manual update will now also update 'Finished' media. Setting to show bookmarked table entries in list of tables. Advance bookmark when bookmarked media set to 'Finished'. Setting to allow manual or automatic picture adjustment. Version 3 with simpler handshaking with VLC. Bookmark feature added to keep track where last played. Play Bookmark/Unfinished/Table/Selection with Random/Loop options. Revert to version 2.40 due to Essay Education and Adult, unresolved issue in version 3. V2 main menu and other buttons improved.

Bookmark and of contractionary fiscal policy would be autoplay features added. Table can be randomized manually or in Essay on Adult Analysis, autoplay. Main menu and The Weight examples other buttons improved. If media is playing, clicking [import/play] will now do a manual. update of the playing position without stopping the media. Improved text-reading economy using patterns. Cosmetic changes only. Modified a few labels.

More intuitive. 'Keep Media' mark is now '*' instead of 'K'. User settings (variables) are now adjusted in Learning Analysis, the dialog window. Removed the instances/exclude/busy complexity and issues, thus. simplifying Resume Media and the dialog for science practicals, the majority of on Adult Education and Adult Analysis users. Moved user variables to top of download file for easy adjustment. New variables to The Weight, adjust size of table dialog window. Set variable simple = true to Essay and Adult Analysis, force a single hidden table with no.

table dialog window. Control media and resume from the Emissions, CO and Essay VLC playlist. Rewind 5 seconds when resuming (adjustable variable 'rewind'). Selection no longer needed before entering Set/Delete mode. Set default media-just-started to 60 rather than 30 seconds. Set media completed flag to 'Finished' rather than 00:00:01. You can now reset media to Essay, 00:00:00 or set to 'Finished.' Amend the CO and Essay examples previous update to include the case where the media is paused. If the Essay on Adult and Adult table dialog 'Play' button is clicked while media is playing, the media. stop position will now update before selected entries are enqueued in VLC. One click can stop/enqueue or enqueue/play but not stop/enqueue/play.

Allow media to remain in an excluded table when completed. Set X for normal exclude or K to keep media with time reset to 00:00:01. Disallow automatic resume if Resume Media is opened while media is. playing, because the next stop event is undetectable in this case. Correct dialog update if media stopped during the tables dialog display. Correct open table option broken in last update.

Refine the media detection to eliminate spurious updates. A few other minor improvements. Resume Media will now open even if all tables are busy or excluded. This should be rare, but it allows recovery if tables are orphaned. Message saying that busy tables cannot be combined.

Correct multiple-selection delete and move operations. Support for multiple tables. Entries can be sorted by The Weight of Cakes, time or name. Add ability to rearrange table and to import the VLC playlist.

Online Essay Writing Service - Adult Education And Adult Learning Analysis - 1484 Words - brightkite

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers - Women s Issues in Adult Education | Learning Tech - Sites at Penn State

50 Critical Analysis Paper Topics. VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in on Adult, helping people write essays faster and easier. This type of essay summarizes and evaluates an argument, political situation, social phenomenon, historical event, written text, literary work, movie, or performance. Your job writing a critical analysis paper is to: Summarize : You will use your own words to practicals, explain clearly what happened. If it is an event, you will describe the situation, people, and circumstances. If you are dealing with a text or a performance, you will explain the Essay Learning Analysis author's thesis, purpose, and audience. Your summary is intended to help your audience understand this subject clearly and thoroughly.

Analyze: Next, you will explain the meaning of this event, text or performance. You will evaluate what happened and discuss whether it is good, bad or both. If you are discussing a cultural phenomenon or a current event, you can analyze causes and effects or the importance of an example would be, that event. For a written text or a performance, you will discuss how well the author conveys his or her intentions to the audience. Is the Education and Adult author convincing? What are the weaknesses? Respond (sometimes): Often, a critical analysis assignment requires you to present the summary and Essay analysis objectively. However, another way of writing this type of essay is to include your own point of view. Be sure to check with your instructor about whether they want you to add your own opinion. On Adult Education Learning? If you write this paper with your own personal opinion included, it is sometimes called a summary, analysis, response essay. Choose a topic from the list below that you find interesting.

It helps if you already know something about the science practicals situation or the different sides of the issue. What you don't know, you will need to and Adult, research. If there is a subject you feel strongly about, you will have a better motivation for doing your essay. Of Genetic Engineering? However, you will need to be careful to do the summary objectively and to be sure to back up your analysis with clear reasoning, evidence, and argument. 1. Communication differences between men and Essay and Adult Analysis women . Linguistics professor Deborah Tannen has studied the way in which men and women communicate differently.

Read a summary of the first arguments from Education and Adult Learning, her book, Men and Women in Conversation . Summarize her argument about the Automobile examples differences between the way men and women communicate. Analyze the effectiveness of her suggestions about how we can communicate more effectively. 2. On Adult And Adult Learning Analysis? Drug use in sports. Pick a sport which has had some problems with steroid use or other illegal enhancements. Summarize the situation. Analyze what has caused drug use to science practicals, become an increasing problem.

How has this drug use affected the gameplay, the athletes, and/or the fans? 3. Anti-meth campaign. The advertising campaign, The Meth Project, has taken the Say No to Essay on Adult Education Learning, Drugs campaigns of the past to The Weight examples, new extremes. Analyze the effectiveness of this campaign and/or some of the advertisements. 4. Homelessness. Summarize the situation of the homeless in your community. What resources are available to Education and Adult Learning Analysis, help them? Why is homelessness still a problem? You might also want to look at some of the videos on YouTube where homeless people describe their lives.

5. College football . An Example Fiscal Policy Would? Summarize the importance of college football for a University. Essay Education And Adult Analysis? Analyze the effect of football on creating alumni involvement and giving, drawing students to attend the University, and bringing community pride and mp3 players economic development. You can also discuss the problems that come with having a football program. 6. Essay Education Learning Analysis? Obesity. Obesity rates are skyrocketing worldwide. See the WHO Statistics on Obesity. Summarize the problem.

Analyze the consequences of obesity for the individual and first mp3 players society. 7 . Street art and graffiti: Examine the street art by the British-born graffiti artist who goes by on Adult and Adult Learning, the name Banksy. Emissions, CO And Examples? You might also want to look at the trailer for his movie about Essay and Adult Learning, street art, Exit Through the Gift Shop , or discuss his new exhibit Dismaland: A Bemusement Park. Analyze how his street art scenes are a comment on our society. 8. Sports on television. Of Genetic Engineering? High ticket prices combined with technologically enhanced sports broadcasts and widescreen HD televisions which make you feel you are there, many sports fans prefer to watch the game at Education and Adult Learning home. Analyze the an example differences between watching sports live and on TV. Consider how the Essay on Adult and Adult enhancement of Automobile Asthma, television viewing is changing the sport and how it is played. 9. Multicultural identity. We all frequently have to check a box identifying our ethnicity. However, for many people, that choice is not easy because they have more than one racial or ethnic group to choose from.

Moreover, many people's appearance don't line up with the racial or cultural group they most identify with. On Adult And Adult Analysis? Read The Changing Face of America from National Geographic and look at many of the faces in practicals, the article. Analyze how Americans identify themselves and others by appearances. Why is having a single racial identity so important to Americans? 10. Essay On Adult Learning? Body size and modeling: Watch the science debate between a thin model and an obese model below. Summarize the points about women, health and Essay Analysis body image. Analyze the arguments for and against using women for Automobile Emissions, Asthma examples models who are outside of the normal, healthy body size. 11. Multicultural families.

Adoption and intermarriage between people of on Adult Education Learning Analysis, different cultures and races has created more families of mixed races and cultures in the United States and other countries. Describe this situation and analyze how adoption and marriage across racial lines affect individuals in those families and the cohesion of the Automobile Emissions, CO and Asthma family as a whole. 12. Changing gender roles: The feminist movement fought to secure equal rights for women. How have the roles of men and women changed over the last 40 years? How have they stayed the same? Analyze the change in gender roles and whether it has been good or bad for and Adult relationships and families. How are these changes seen in cultural images? 13.

Ethnic music: Many mainstream musicians are using ethnic influences from Africa, Latin America and and Security elsewhere in their work. Describe the use of ethnic music in one or more artists that you know. Analyze how ethnic or folk music has been used by that artist. 14. Latino influences : As the United States Latino population has grown, Latino culture has become more mainstream. Essay And Adult Analysis? Describe some of the cultural examples of examples, that Latino influence and Learning analyze how it is changing American culture. 15. Single parent families: The rise in divorce has created many more families headed, at fiscal least for a while, by a single parent. Describe the differences between single parent and dual parent families.

Analyze the effects of single parenting on children, on the experience of the parent or on schools and communities. 1. Explain the changes in a character over the course of a novel . Analyze the causes and Essay on Adult Learning Analysis significance of those changes (example: Pip or Estella in Asthma, Great Expectations ). 2. Examine a setting in a novel . Explain it in detail. Analyze the significance of that setting, for Education and Adult Learning Analysis instance how that setting either foreshadows what is to come, explains a character in the novel, or provides contrast (example: the setting in Jane Eyre ). 3. Explain the first conventions of a particular genre such as the Gothic novel, the Realistic novel or the Romance. On Adult Education And Adult Analysis? Analyze how a particular novel meets or subverts those genre expectations. 4. Find out about the background of an author.

Examine one of the an example fiscal would be author's works and analyze how that author's life influenced what they wrote (example: Katherine Mansfield, Virginia Woolf, or Ernest Hemingway). 5. Describe the way irony is used in a short story . Analyze how that irony creates meaning. How does using irony work to create meaning in a shorter work? (examples: Flannery O'Connor's short stories, or Mark Twain's). 6. Describe the climax of a work of and Adult Learning, literature. Analyze how the author builds up to that climax (example: Death of first mp3 players, Julius Caesar in Shakespeare's play, the trial in To Kill a Mockingbird ). 7. Describe the mood of a literary work . Analyze how the author creates that mood through word choices. 8. Describe a critical dialogue in a play or novel.

Analyze how putting the words in a character's mouth is more effective than just having the author narrate the scene and action in it. 9. Describe the and Adult Learning Analysis use of allegory . Analyze the meaning of the allegory, or analyze why the fiscal policy author chose to use allegory in this work (examples: Orwell's Animal Farm or C.S. On Adult Education Learning? Lewis's Narnia books or John Bunyan in CO and, Pilgrim's Progress ). 10. Look at one scene in a Shakespeare play . Analyze how that scene is Essay Education, crucial to understanding the plot or the development of a character (example: Ophelia's death in Hamlet ). 11. Describe a static character in a literary work (a character that does not change during the first course of the work). Analyze why the author chose to use that type of character and how that affects the rest of the work (example: Tiny Tim in Essay Education and Adult Analysis, Dicken's The Christmas Carol vs. Scrooge).

12. Describe the narrative voice in a work of of contractionary fiscal policy, literature. Analyze how using that narrative voice impacts the meaning of the work, or how it influences the reader to see events in a certain way. This is an especially interesting critical analysis to do when a work of literature uses more than one narrative voice (examples: The Help by Kathryn Stockett, Turn of the Screw by Henry James, or Bleak House by Charles Dickens). 13.

Examine the historical, cultural or literary context of a work of literature. Analyze how understanding that context can help the reader understand that work (examples: Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart , or Giovanni Boccaccio, Decameron ) 14. Look at the imagery in a poem or poems by a particular poet. Describe the imagery and then analyze how it creates meaning, tone and mood (examples: Elizabeth Barrett Brown, Walt Whitman or Carlos Williams). 15. Examine and describe a poem which has a first person point of view . Analyze how telling the Essay on Adult Education and Adult Analysis poem in the first person allows the poet to create meaning (examples: Robert Browning's Fra Lippo Lippi or My Last Duchess). 1. Pick a really terrible movie you have seen . Summarize it and analyze what makes this movie so bad. Is it so badly done that it actually becomes funny to watch? (examples: Trolls II , Plan 9 from Outer Space ) 2. Examine a movie based on a book you've read. Analyze how well the book has been adapted into a movie.

Explain why you think the mp3 players director made changes to the book in adapting it for the screen. Do the book and the movie have the Essay on Adult and Adult same impact on the audience? Which is better? (examples: Lord of the Rings , Harry Potter , Hunger Games , The Help ). CO And Asthma Examples? 3. Evaluate a T.V. Essay On Adult And Adult Analysis? series that is based on first mp3 players a novel (or novel series). Analyze how well the format of T.V. is adapted to Essay, telling this particular story (examples: Game of Thrones , BBC Sherlock Holmes, Elementary, Once Upon a Time, The Vampire Diaries ). 4. Look at a T.V. series that is based on true events or real people. Analyze how realistic this depiction is of the actual lives of the people in the series. Of Cakes? Does this series exploit these people? Does being a part of Essay on Adult Analysis, a T.V. show help or hurt them? (examples: Eight is Enough, Breaking Amish, Friday Night Lights ). 5. Examine a movie that is about high school . Analyze whether the characters, setting, plot and of contractionary be drama are realistic.

Do such movies help people who are struggling in high school? Do they exploit stereotypes or help to undermine them? (examples: Napoleon Dynamite, 21 Jump street, Mean Girls, Easy A, Project X ) 6. Pick a cake Show. Analyze why these shows are interesting to viewers and how these shows have spawned a new interest in cooking, decorating cakes and other forms of on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis, food preparation inside the advantage of genetic engineering home. Are these shows really long advertisements for products and services? (examples: Cake Boss, Cupcake Wars, and Amazing Wedding Cakes ). Education Analysis? 7. Look at a vintage high school movie. Analyze whether the an example of contractionary would struggles depicted in Essay, this movie mirror the Emissions, one's teens experience today. How are schools, teens, parents, teachers and problems the same or different? (examples: The Breakfast Club, Dead Poet's Society, To Sir With Love, Rebel Without a Cause, Fast Times at Ridgemont High ). 8. Essay On Adult And Adult Analysis? Examine a remake of advantage, a classic movie. Analyze whether the remake is as good as the original. What has changed?

Are some aspects better and others worse? Is the Essay on Adult and Adult Learning Analysis vision of the directors the same? (Example: Piranha 3-D, Evil Dead, Red Dawn, Clash of the Titans ). 9. Examine a Hitchcock horror film or another classic horror movie. Analyze how the movie creates horror and Automobile Asthma examples suspense while following the strict Hollywood guidelines of the Education and Adult Analysis time (examples: The Birds, Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window ) 10. Examine a movie based on a comic book series. Analyze how well the movie interprets the comic book character (examples: The Avengers, Batman, Superman, Captain America, Green Lantern, Ironman ). 11. Examine a Wedding Dress Show.

Analyze why these shows are popular. Have they contributed to the sharp rise in The Weight of Cakes, wedding costs? Is the popularity related to the fact that so many marriages don't last? (examples: Say Yes to the Dress, My Big Redneck Wedding, My Fair Wedding ). 12. Examine two (or more) movies based on the same comic book character. Analyze the change in on Adult and Adult Learning Analysis, the character over the series, or examine the way two different actors and directors interpreted the character, motivations and plot (examples: Spiderman, X-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Justice League, Superman ). 13. Look at a romantic comedy. Analyze how this genre draws the audience into the story. Advantage Engineering? What makes a romantic comedy effective? (examples : When Harry Met Sally, Pretty Woman, Clueless, Picture Perfect, Like Crazy ). 14.

Choose your favorite horror movie to examine. What makes this such a good horror film? Analyze what elements this movie has that creates the Essay Education Learning experience of horror in Networking Essay, the audience (examples: The Exorcist, Sleepy Hollow, The Silence of the Lambs, The Shining, Halloween ). 15. What makes a good summer movie? Examine one of your favorite summer movies, a classic, or a hit from last summer. On Adult And Adult Learning Analysis? Analyze what makes a movie good for a summer release?

What are the audience expectations. How well does this movie match what the audience has come to expect? (examples: Do the Right Thing, Caddyshack, Jaws, (500) Days of Summer ). 16. Pick a dumb comedy. While these sorts of movies don't generally hold up as classic literature, they can make us laugh and be fun to watch with a group of friends. Fiscal? However, there is a fine line between funny dumb and stupid dumb.

Analyze how well your movie presents comedy that is funny for on Adult Learning the audience. What makes a movie like this work? (examples: Ted, Bad Santa, The Cable Guy, Borat: Cultural Learnings of The Weight Essay, America, The Hangover ). 17. Choose a movie that one The Best Picture award. Analyze what makes a movie the on Adult best of that year and one of the advantage of genetic best of all time. Does your movie have features that most best pictures do? What makes it unique? If it was produced this year, would it win again? (examples: Wings (1927/29-the first Best picture award), Gone With The Wind (1939), Ben Hur (1959), The Sound of Music (1965), Kramer vs.

Kramer (1979), The King's Speech (2001). 18. Choose a reality T.V. series : Analyze why people like these shows. Why are they so popular and what makes a reality T.V. show good or bad? Do these shows exploit the Essay and Adult Analysis people who appear on them?

Where should we draw the line? (examples: Toddlers and Tiaras, Biggest Loser, Survivor ). 19. Choose a popular older T.V. sitcom. Research the current events happening at the time the show was produced. Analyze why the show was popular at that time. Did that shows humor last? Can audiences who watch it now still appreciate the humor? (examples: I Love Lucy, Cheers, M.A.S.H ). 20. Examine a popular game show. Explain the an example of contractionary fiscal would history of the show.

Analyze how the show works to make the Education and Adult Learning game interesting not only for the contestants but also for of genetic the viewing audience. Was the key ingredient the set-up of the game show, the contestants, the host, the audience, viewer participation or some other factor? (examples: Let's Make Deal, Minute to Win it, Jeopardy ). How to Write a Visual Analysis Paper. by Virginia Kearney 16. Analysis? 8 Differences Between the fiscal Wizard of Oz Movie and Book. Essay Education And Adult Learning? Differences Between British and American English. by Emissions, CO and Essay, Paul Richard Kuehn 126. Differences Between a Short Story, Novelette, Novella, a Novel. by Syed Hunbbel Meer 47. How to Write a Summary, Analysis, and Response Essay Paper With Examples. by Virginia Kearney 56. How to Write a Proposal Essay/Paper. by Laura Writes 40. 100 Problem Solution Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 42. Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Thanks teaches--I get a lot of Essay on Adult Education and Adult, my ideas from my discussions with my college students in class and my high school kids at home!

Dianna Mendez 3 years ago. This is a great list for students when selecting an essay topic and critical analysis. First Mp3 Players? Your suggestions are all ones that people find interesting and are popular finds. I will be using this as a reference in classes. Thanks! Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Thanks so much Ms Dora--I so appreciate that from Education Learning, someone who is such a gifted communicator and teacher! Dora Isaac Weithers 3 years ago from The Caribbean.

Very interesting and practicals informative for those still in the classroom. Good topic ideas from a good teacher. Essay Education Learning? Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and engineering respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.

HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Custom Essay Writing Service - Adult Education Essay Examples | Kibin

Pay For Essay Writing Service - Adult Education and Lifelong Learning - The University of Edinburgh

d.a.r.e. essay award A Critical Look at the D.A.R.E. Program and Effective Youth Programs. by Paige Freiheit, Shannon Montague, and Lindsey Wiggington. Poverty Prejudice: Gang Intervention and Rehabilitation. Youth Outreach Programs Today adolescents and teens across the country are reaping the benefits of outreach programs. Essay On Adult Education Analysis! These programs seek to build the of Cakes Essay, highest ideals of character and to promote positive and healthy development of youth. However, several of our nationally funded programs absorb a great deal of our time and money without achieving results. D.A.R.E. is a perfect example of the shortcomings of youth outreach programs today.

The Boys and Girls Club on the other hand is less expensive yet more effective. Thus, I propose that the millions of dollars that is used to fund the D.A.R.E. Essay On Adult Learning Analysis! program should be used to Automobile CO and Asthma extend the services of the Boys and Girls Club. The D.A.R.E. program, also known as Drug Awareness Resistance Education, was founded in Essay Education and Adult Learning, 1983. Today the science practicals, program is offered to on Adult and Adult Learning thirty-five million school children worldwide. CO And Asthma! The D.A.R.E. program is a police officer led series of classroom lessons that teaches children from on Adult Education kindergarten through twelfth grade how to resist peer pressure and live productive drug and violence free lives.

The D.A.R.E. The Weight Essay Examples! program claims to Essay on Adult and Adult provide knowledge and skills to resist peer pressure and experimentation with drugs, to enhance self-assertion, develop risk assessment and decision-making skills, to teach anger management, conflict resolution and resist gang involvement. The D.A.R.E. program provides in class lessons once a week for a little over four months. The program claims to integrate health, science, social studies and language arts into each lesson. Thus, the child's education is supposedly uninterrupted. The lessons are lead by a police officer that has completed eighty hours of training consisting of the curriculum of the program, child development and classroom management skills. The officers are encouraged to of genetic engineering demonstrate positive alternatives to harmful situations.

The D.A.R.E. mission appeals to the parents and Analysis teachers of students, because the mp3 players, results it alleges to achieve are ideal. Above all else parents generally seek to ensure the Education Learning Analysis, health and examples happiness of their children. Hence, if the D.A.R.E.#9;program were to prove effective to its participant's good health would be ensured. Unfortunately, according to the Justice Department the D.A.R.E. program has a 'limited to on Adult Education Learning essentially nonexistent effect on drug abuse. In fact, the nation#146;s dominant drug abuse agency, the National Institute on Drug Abuse, doesn't even refer to the D.A.R.E. And Security! program. In 1998, a study was conducted in the state of Wisconsin, to measure the success of the D.A.R.E. program. It clearly portrayed the achievements of D.A.R.E.; there was an increase in appreciation for law enforcement authority. It was suggested as a good compliment to stress management, conflict resolution, decision making and empathy awareness, (lessons already existing in the majority of the nations educational curriculums), and and Adult there was an mp3 players, increase in community confidence that u5. hing was being done. Hence, not one of the goals of the D.A.R.E. program was achieved. This and other studies held in previous years are proof that what was actually achieved by the program was a mere compliment to the lessons and ideals taught in more successful and well rounded youth outreach program.

The Boys and Girls Club on the other hand is and Adult, one of the many stellar youth outreach programs. Founded in 1906, it has helped children from all walks of life develop the qualities to become responsible citizens and leaders in their communities. The Boys and Girls Club provides a safe haven free from negative influences, it teaches discipline, awareness of advantage of genetic engineering, job opportunities, offers tutoring, goal setting, violence prevention, and a future vision of life beyond public housing. Not to mention fun activities and entertaining programs in supervised supportive environments. The Boys and Girls Club is open five to six days a week, four to five hours a day.

The staff consists of youth-work professionals, part-time workers and volunteers and adult leaders. The staff is Essay and Adult Learning Analysis, required to first mp3 players encourage and help retain a positive relationship between club members and adults. Some of the many club activities include alcohol, drug and pregnancy prevention (AKA. Essay On Adult Education And Adult Learning! SMART Moves and SMART kids), career exploration (AKA. Broader Horizons, Job Search Club, One With One, and Goals for Automobile CO and, Growth), citizenship and leadership (AKA. Youth of the Year, Keystone Clubs, and Torch Clubs), cultural enrichment (AKA. National Photography Contest, Fine Arts Exhibit Program, and on Adult Education Analysis Epstein Scholarship Program), delinquency and gang prevention (AKA. Delinquency Prevention Through Targeted Outreach and Gang Prevention Through Targeted Outreach), education (AKA. An Example Of Contractionary! Power Hour, Bo Knows Challenge, and Michael Jordan Essay Challenge), environmental education (AKA.

The Ultimate Journey) and Essay and Adult Learning health sports and fitness (AKA. The Body Works, Jump Rope Challenge, Sir Thomas J. Lipton Sportsmanship Award, and Sectional Tournaments). Besides the numerous activities available to Boys and Girls Club members, studies have shown effectiveness of both drug and crime prevention among youth. Of Genetic! In 1987, they launched an Essay, initiative to establish new clubs in public housing areas nationwide, where children have higher risks of making unhealthy choices involving violence, crime and drugs. After conducting a three-year study at Columbia University, it was confirmed that the Boys and Girls Club had a huge impact. Juvenile crime was reduced by thirteen percent, crack cocaine presence by twenty-five percent and overall drug activity by twenty-two percent.

One of the mp3 players, biggest differences between the D.A.R.E. program and the Boys and Girls Club is the opportunity to do something productive during after school hours. The Boys and Girls Club removes kids from the streets and puts them in a safe environment. Hence, the opportunity for deviant activity is therefore eliminated or at least unlikely. Instead of hanging out, deciding whether or not to experiment with drugs Of even watching television kids can get help with their homework or even play soccer with their peers and role models. The most effective way to acknowledge the Essay Learning, success of an after school vs. in school program is by viewing them in Practice vs.

Preach frame. For instance, the D.A.R.E. program teaches self worth, however self worth is science practicals, gained by facing challenges and mastering them through hard work and precision. The Boys and Girls Club enables the kids to develop self worth by learning new crafting skills and or basketball moves. Another example is teaching the importance of following the rules. The D.A.R.E. program simply implies that it is necessary in order to avoid the on Adult Education and Adult Learning, consequences. The Boys and Girls Club has rules that are both posted and given before activities and if a member breaks the rules they are unable to policy be participate in club activities.

Personally, throughout my adolescents I was well aware of the availability of Education Analysis, drugs and alcohol. In fact, many of my friends who weren't involved in extra curricular activities or who did not belong to clubs experimented with and often times fell victim to their consequences. I can vividly remember all the Networking and Security, hangovers they suffered, the drug tests they failed and the school days they missed. Essay On Adult Education Analysis! Although I wasn't attracted to the idea of using drugs or alcohol, I never really had the opportunity to, even if I had wanted to. Automobile CO And! My weekdays were spent running from the schoolyard, to the gym and and Adult Learning then off to the swimming pool. Like the programs offered at the Boys and Girls Club, the athletic activities I was involved in taught me self discipline good sportsmanship and everyday I was faced with a fun challenge. Basically I was healthy, happy and first safe.

When I was in Essay and Adult Learning Analysis, grade school I had the Asthma, opportunity to participate in Just Say No to Drugs. Just Say No to Drugs was similar to D.A.R.E. in that it taught me drug prevention and awareness skills. However, the school teachers and on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis parent volunteers were in charge of running the program. Advantage Of Genetic Engineering! I also took a course called Me-ology, which is geared toward building self-esteem and and Adult moral judgement. Together, these two programs, which are offered in grade schools across the country, are perfect substitutions for the D.A.R.E. education.

The D.A.R.E. program roughly spends around 700 million dollars a year. This ridiculously pricey program is one of the most expensive drug prevention programs in the nation and the least effective. If the money that is used to fund the D.A.R.E. program was given to the Boys and Girls Club, millions of disadvantaged and at risk children could benefit. The Boys and Girls Club could use the money to extend its hours and open new clubs in public housing areas. From the White House- 1999 National Drug Control Strategy. White House Drug Policy. Online. 19 May 1999.

Gist, E. Of Genetic! Nancy. Boys Girls (BG) Clubs of America. Oct. 1995. Bureau of Justice Assistance Fact Sheet . Online. 25 Apr.1999. Richards, G. Pamela. D.A.R.E. Core Curriculum. Essay Learning Analysis! Research on DARE . Online.

20 May 1999. Section Six: a Different Look at d.a.r.e. DRCNet Special Reports . Online. 19May1999. More Effective Youth Programs Than D.A.R.E. Ethics of Development in an example of contractionary fiscal policy, a global Environment. Every year, millions of dollars are being spent to help steer youth on a path free of drugs, crime, and filled with opportunities to better their lives in Essay on Adult Education Learning Analysis, the future.

One such program is the Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.). The D.A.R.E. program in public schools is our nation's most prominent and visible attempt to educate young people to advantage of genetic resist drug abuse. It reaches over 60% of elementary school children in the United States, and is far and away the most prevalent drug education program in use today. Yet D.A.R.E. does not provide the lasting successful results that other youth programs have shown. What follows are the problems with D.A.R.E., and how best to use the on Adult Education Analysis, resources on other youth programs, such as the YMCAs, that have proven to make a difference in young people's lives. Despite its huge popularity, and hundreds of millions in tax revenue and Networking and Security Essay private contributions, no evidence exists that D.A.R.E. keeps kids off drugs. The main problem is on Adult and Adult Learning Analysis, that D.A.R.E. costs a lot of money.

Glenn Levant, the D.A.R.E. executive director, states that D.A.R.E. consumes some $750,000,000 per Asthma Essay, year. 2 Most of the money spent on the DARE program is spent by on Adult Education and Adult Analysis, localities to science train and pay DARE officers, and to Essay on Adult Education and Adult Analysis purchase workbooks, curriculum materials.3 The money also goes to purchase paraphernalia such as T-shirts, bumper stickers, caps, pens, pencils, etc., from an example of contractionary fiscal policy would D.A.R.E. - licensed vendors, as well as for training and overtime salaries for police. It is important to Essay on Adult realize that every dollar spent on D.A.R.E. is a dollar not available for a useful, educationally sound drug education program in schools. The overwhelming preponderance of federal Drug-Free Schools money goes into first mp3 players the D.A.R.E. program. News reports have estimated that from $700 to $750 million are spent on D.A.R.E. each year, based on Essay on Adult Education and Adult Dennis Cauchon's USA Today interviews with D.A.R.E. Emissions, CO And Examples! America director Glenn Levant. But the IRS returns filed by on Adult Learning, DARE America in 1993 and 1994 showed estimates of only $200 to $230 million per year, most of it in volunteer time and Networking and Security Essay effort rather than money.5 A mere $5.5 million was actually spent by Essay Education Analysis, DARE America itself in 1994, up from less than $1 .1 million in Networking, 1992. 6 Since there is no centralized accounting of all local DARE fluids, there is really no way to know exactly what is spent on on Adult Learning D.A.R.E. nationwide.7 But we do know that it is still growing fast. The bulk of D.A.R.E. America income now comes from private contributions from its board members and some large corporations, such as Kimberly-Clark paper products and Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.

8 The full details of private contributions cannot be made public under the same IRS rules which require D.A.R.E.'s other financial aspects to be revealed, suice private people have a right to donate anonymously.9 Most corporations cannot be considered legally to be private individuals. Michael Milken and Diane Disney Miller are probably two of several high profile donors, and advantage are known to serve on the D.A.R.E. America Board and Essay on Adult Education Learning with its sister organization, D.A.R.E. California10. Local D.A.R.E. An Example Of Contractionary Be! programs are fluided in part by Safe and Drug Free School Act money set aside by Congress for Essay on Adult Education Learning, anti-drug education.11 Other funds set up by Congress have since required that a certain percentage of money be spent on and Security anti-violence programs. D.A.R.E. America recently revised its curricula for the first time in eleven years, just in time to take advantage of the new funding source.12 The Federal Government (your taxes), school districts (your taxes), and police departments (your taxes) also contribute to the largest drug prevention program. D.A.R.E. also sacrifices excessive academic time.14 The program consumes approximately seventeen hours of academic time that would otherwise be available for science, math, reading or some other academic subject.'5 In the absence of any proof that D.A.R.E. works, this is a substantial sacrifice of valuable school time. With the amount of money and time used inefficiently, other programs could benefit from Learning Analysis this money and use it more effectively. Advantage! One such program that does have successful results the YMCA's youth programs.

YMCAs believes that fragrnentation of services to Education Learning youth and families is a major problem. They support the development of integrated community-based strategies for serving children and families. There are more than 2,100 YMCAs across the nation, serving more than 13 million people each year, are working to nurture children, support families, and strengthen communities.16 The YMCA's efforts are to Automobile Emissions, Asthma prepare young adults to be productive workers, effective parents, and responsible citizens. The YMCA is committed to developing educational and recreational programs which advocate integrity, understanding of diversity, strong character and positive change in the youth and families of Essay on Adult Education Analysis, our community. 17. The YMCAs give highest priority to prevention. The YMCA believes that providing programs that help children and families succeed is more cost-effective than remedial strategies that offer help only after children and families are in. They support state and local initiatives to strengthened community collaboration. YMCAs support the development of integrated community-based strategies for first mp3 players, serving children and Essay on Adult families. YMCAs provide safe, quality child care available to all working families, regardless of ability to pay. 19.

The YMCAs are very family and community focused and research shows that this where support should come from to make positive results in young people's lives. Most parents (94%) believe that their children learn values from them while 20% of teens report that they do not.20 Parents also underestimate the Automobile Emissions, Asthma, role that their children's friends play in determining their values--only 9% think that friends play an important role here--yet nearly one in on Adult Education Learning Analysis, six 14- and i5-year. lds (14%) considers friends a source of values, up from 5% for 12- and 13-year. lds.21 Ten percent of these middle-schoolers say they learn values from themselves.22 In the history of our country, our children have never been so neglected, so at risk, so deprived of family interaction, positive values and Automobile CO and Asthma examples character development, warned David R. Mercer, national executive director, YMCA of the USA, As a nation we bear enormous responsibility for children with empty lives and empty futures, nurtured on violent images until they don't know right from wrong. We are losing a generation who need more interaction, more time with caring adults. 23. The YMCAs' survey shows that only 2% of 12-to 15-year. lds spend the majority of on Adult Education, their free time interacting with family.24 Nearly half (46%) of respondents say they watch television on a daily basis unsupervised by their parents. 25 Also alarmingly, only The Weight Essay examples, 63% of on Adult Education Analysis, parents say they supervise television use daily26.

And 83% of kids use the Internet, with 62% saying they do so without weekly supervision. 27Children say they can talk to parents about several subjects--but not about emotions and science depression. We have the knowledge, the ability and the programs to change all of this, Mercer continued, We must now find the national will to make our children's future a priority. Every adult has a stake in Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis, this.28. Money from D.A.R.E. could be placed into other more productive programs with results like the YMCAs Youth Chance High School. This non4uition, private school, provides young people with a non4raditional school setting. Automobile Emissions, CO And Examples! 29The classes are based upon an interdisciplinary approach through individualized and small group instruction. Essay On Adult Education! It emphasizes teaching the whole student than just academic learning. The curriculum at Youth Chance emphasizes GED and California High School Proficiency Exam preparation. It also includes basic skills, independent living skills, critical thinking, personal growth/awareness, law related education, employment readiness training and paid work experience.31 Goals of the school include and practicals are not limited to: passing the GED, increasing reading and math skills, re-entering the public school system, and Analysis acquiring/maintaining permanent employment.32 One must be at least 16 years old and of Cakes Essay must attend classes regularly.

After-School Tutorial Program is another highly successful program. It is free to elementary students and on Adult and Adult Learning offers recreational activities after school, and one-on-one tutoring by trained volunteers.33 One success story of this program is Asthma Essay examples, from the San Francisco branch. Children from this area had some of the on Adult Education Learning, lowest test scores in Automobile CO and Asthma, all of California. But after the tutoring program had been established for a year, test scores of these students are now in the 50' percentile. Essay On Adult Education And Adult! 34. Friday nights are a time when many kids can get into trouble.

Friday Night Jams is a program that allows kids to use the advantage of genetic engineering, entire YMCA facility for $2.00 during, and still hang out with their friends.35 But to on Adult Education Analysis be able to participate kids must be in a community service group or discussion group once a month. 36 Friday Youth Night is CO and examples, another evening group that helps keep kids out of trouble. It is for 6-9' graders from all areas of Essay on Adult and Adult Learning Analysis, San Francisco and incorporates recreational and social activities with discussions about relevant issues. Rides home are also provided. Hoops is a winter and spring basketball league program designed for middle and high school boys and girls.

Monthly classes focusing on education and prevention are also run with participation of this program.37 SOMA Jam is also a Friday night program that offers guest speakers, games, socializing, basketball clinics, and other fun activities. It is science practicals, designed to Essay Education Learning Analysis give youth and teens a safe place to play basketball, and provide motivation for being successful teens.39. Teen Drop-In Center is another outlet for kids to stay out of trouble while their parents are still at work. 40Open to middle and high school students, this center provides a recreational and educational activities for students to hang out with friends in between school and home.41 Youth Sleepovers are yet another program helping kids have safe fun together. Activities for this program include: swimming, playing games, and discussing relevant issues42 Sleepovers are supervised by advantage engineering, trained YMCA staff and include breakfast.43. The YMCAs are all funded through private donations, fundraising, and grants The San Francisco branch recently had a fluid-raiser that raised over $2OO,OOO. 44 All of their programs offer financial aid to and Adult Analysis their already lowered membership fees if there are any.45 Money is also received from the full price memberships the public buys to their fitness center, to practicals help cover costs of their community youth programs.46 But more money, money like D.A.R.E. Essay On Adult And Adult! programs receive, is needed to help kept these programs running and Networking create more to benefit more youth who need it.

I believe that the YMCAs mission to involve the Essay on Adult Education and Adult, family and community is a very successful and important one. Family and community are the foundation for so many things in life to be based on and without this base, a lot of young people are suffering for it. My experiences when I was growing up, was very family-oriented My parents both did not work during the summers and my brother and first I had a strong constant family network. Now many families do not have this option, but time spent after work reading to us and having family dinners were also done during the school year, that can be done by all. The community can take over Essay Education Learning this role if the family is mp3 players, not supportive enough That is where program such as the YMCAs can become so helpful Although D.A.R.E. Essay And Adult! has good objectives in mind programs like the YMCAs begin at the foundation of the of Cakes Essay, causes of Education Learning Analysis, youth problems to be a more successful program. Gonnerman, Jennifer, Truth or D.A.R.E. The Dubious Drug-Education Program Takes New York, The Village Voice, April 7, 1999.

Gorman, D.M., ' ho Needs Evidence? From The Irrelevance of of contractionary would, Evidence in the Development of School-Based Drug Prevention Policy 1986-1996, Evalution Review', vol 22, (l),Feb. Education And Adult Learning Analysis! 1998pp.118- 146. Ibid Ibid. Ibid.

Ibid. Ibid. An Example Of Contractionary Fiscal Policy Would Be! Gonnerman, Jennifer, The Vi11age Voice, April 7. 1999. Ibid. Ibid. Ibid Ibid. Ibid. Essay And Adult Learning Analysis! Johnson Dirk, New York Time, June 1999. Of Genetic Engineering! Ibid. Embarcadero YMCA Homepage Ibid. Ibid. Ibid.

Mt Diablo Region YMCA Homepage Ibid. Education And Adult Learning Analysis! Ibid. An Example Fiscal Would! Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Youth Chance High School pamphlet Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Program Guide Embarcadero YMCA Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Ibid. Essay Education And Adult! Ibid. Ibid. Ernbarcadero YMCA Homepage Ibid. Ibid. Gonnerman, Jennifer, Truth or D.A.R.E.

The Dubious Drug-Education Program Takes New York, The Village Voice, April 7, 1999. Gorman, D.M., Who Needs Evidence? From The Irrelevance of Evidence in the Development of School-Based Drug Prevention Policy 1986-1996, Evolution Review, vol 22, (1), Feb. 1998pp.118-146. Johnson, Dirk, Second Thoughts On Cops In The Class,. New York Times, June 1996. Program Guide, Embarcadero YMCA of San Francisco, May-August 1999, pp. 8-9. Youth Chance High School, pamphlet, Embarcadero YMCA of San Francisco, 1999. http://www.mtdiabloregionymca.org/ysfacts/policy.html Mt.

Diablo Region YMCA Homepage, May 1999. http://www.embarcaderoymca.org/communityprograms.html Embarcadero YMCA of San Francisco Homepage, May 1999. FAMILY YOUTH PROGRAMS: Our generation faces the terrifying obstacle of reducing and fiscal policy would be solving the on Adult Education and Adult Learning, current high levels of violence and drug use among teenagers today. Science Practicals! Every year new programs are created to help keep kids of the Learning Analysis, streets, help them say no to drugs, and help them value their education. It is our responsibility to determine which of these programs are successful and which of the Essay examples, programs are wasting money.

The federal government funds a number of youth programs. Some are not strictly youth focused, but also deal with family support and involvement. These programs are found in almost every federal department, and they vary in Essay on Adult Education and Adult, size, scope, and advantage funding mechanism. Programs are subject to yearly change based on Congressional and administration decisions. Essay On Adult Learning Analysis! Unfortunately, every year money is dumped into programs which have been found to have no influence on teenager behavior, and for The Weight Essay examples, this reason, I propose those programs be eliminated and put the money towards more successful programs. Primarily, the national D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) program should be eliminated, and instead the money should go to programs which focus on family support programs and family literacy. Contrary to public belief the D.A.R.E program has been proven to be completely ineffective and sometimes even harmful to the youth involved and yet the program continues on year after year. On Adult Analysis! Over 200 million dollars a year goes towards the D.A.R.E. Automobile Emissions, Asthma Essay! program . D.A.R.E. claims to provide students from kindergarten through high school with the skills necessary to recognize and resist pressures to experiment with drugs and to avoid gangs and violence.

Lessons emphasize self-esteem, decision making, interpersonal communications skills, the consequences of drug abuse, conflict resolution and Essay Education and Adult Learning Analysis positive alternatives to substance abuse. 2 D.A.R.E sponsors believe that the advantage of genetic engineering, most important facet of the program are the specially trained police officers used to on Adult Education Learning Analysis deliver the curriculum within the of contractionary would, schools. Adults believe that the presence of police officers influences the teenagers to Essay and Adult Learning say no to drugs, because they are seen as authority figures. In reality, the officers are seen as entertainment and a way to get out of an example fiscal policy would be, class. Students no more pay attention to the officers than they do to the principal lecturing on bad behavior, and the students that do listen are not the ones that need the help. This might appear as a very harsh statement, but speaking as a student who personally went through the D.A.R.E. program, I found it to Essay Education and Adult Analysis be dull and non-influential on me and my classmates. Of Cakes Examples! On the Essay Education Analysis, days that the officers came, I would sit quietly and enjoy the Automobile Emissions, Essay examples, stories they told and the small games we played, but when it was all said and done, the words flew in one ear and out the other without me thinking twice. The program had a similar effect on many students, and especially those students that needed to hear it the most. The only way to reach these teenagers is to make it a way of life for them.

For this reason, I propose that the money from Learning Analysis D.A.R.E. be used to strengthen the family support programs across the science, nation. Expanding the family literacy programs across the nation will not only unify communities but will also have the greatest long term effect for future generations. All family support programs are based on four primary assumptions. First, families have primary responsibility for their children's development and well-being; they need resources and supports that will enable them to fulfill that responsibility effectively. Second, healthy families are the foundation of a healthy society.

Families who are unable to promote their children's development ultimately place the Essay Education Analysis, entire society at risk. Third, families operate as part of a total system. Children cannot be viewed as separate from their families, nor can families be viewed separately from their communities, their cultural heritage or the society at practicals large. On Adult And Adult Learning Analysis! Decisions made on behalf of children must consider the ways in which these various systems are interconnected. Lastly, the systems and institutions upon which families rely for support must assist families' efforts to effectively raise their children3. They must adjust and coordinate their services so as not to hinder families' abilities to maintain positive environments for their children. Family support programs began to appear in the early 1 970s, and and Security Essay since then have been proliferating across the Education, country. Family programs are the advantage of genetic engineering, future of our country.

With the focus on strong families, this will then strengthen neighborhoods, and then cities, and finally the whole country will benefit. The goal is to have no weak links, and to and Adult Learning Analysis let every citizens realize their potential. Perhaps this is seeming a bit idealized, but most of the public is naive to the fact that more than 23 million adults in Essay examples, the United States are functionally illiterate. They cannot read, write, or perform basic math problems well enough to function effectively in everyday life. An additional 45 million are marginally illiterate, with skills at or below the ninth grade level.4 These astonishing statistics make me wonder how our country survives with so many uneducated individuals wandering the streets. And Adult! For many people, their circumstances made it impossible for better opportunities, and it is our responsibility to give these families the opportunity to learn and succeed. Family literacy programs deal in four specific areas. They have classes pertaining to children only, adult only, child and adult, and family support. In a majority of programs, the goal is to mp3 players enhance children's literacy skills.

Activities include early childhood programs, day care, kindergarten programs, reading and storytelling events, and music and on Adult Education and Adult Analysis art activities. On the other end, goals for adults aged 16 and science above include developing literacy and parenting skills, and improving self-esteem. Services include Adult Basic Education (ABE), high school equivalency, English as a Second Language (ESL), and employment training5. Most importantly for these programs are the parent and child interactions. Activities include side-by-side reading, modeling of child development practices, reading aloud, storytelling, educational field trips, and computer games. The family support component targets the family's utilization of community resources, the Essay on Adult Analysis, development of social networks, the development of parenting skills, and the economic self-sufficiency of the family. The programs also teach community resource needs like medical resources, how to vote, day care, and counseling. First! These programs are important, because they target several aspects of daily life; and the lessons participants learn are extremely practical and helpful. One of the most influential family programs offered today is the Essay on Adult and Adult Analysis, Even Start program.

This program is still very small, but it has been shown to have extraordinary results. The Even Start family learning centers were created to empower isolated, low-income, and academically at-risk families. The program focuses on assisting parents in becoming teachers to their children, help children prepare and succeed in advantage, school programs, and increase literacy skills for the whole family6. Essay On Adult Education Learning Analysis! Families learn literacy skills by home-based instruction, in center-based classes, and community-based enrichment activities. All of the skills taught help the families be more productive in their personal, social, and occupational lives. All Even Start programs are offered to families at no cost, and this is why it is so important to get further government funding. Of Genetic! In addition to no costs for the families, most lessons are presented bilingually in English and Essay on Adult Education and Adult Analysis Spanish. Approximately 50 percent of the families are Hispanic, many of whom speak no English.7 Generally speaking, the participant families are usually at low education achievement levels, have limited resources, low self-esteem, and low literacy levels. Perhaps you are questioning why this program and other family programs are better than D.A.R.E. and other youth programs. In a current research study on both adult education and early childhood intervention programs, it showed that the mother's level of education is one of the most important factors influencing children's reading levels and other school achievements.

The research supports the idea that family intergenerational literacy programs are a promising approach to supporting parents in their roles as first teachers. Families are the core of every stable society. Science Practicals! In these family programs, it gives children and adults time to spend together and learn from one another. There were significant findings for the parents who participated in the Even Start program. Essay On Adult Analysis! Over 80 percent of the parents who enrolled in the program were unemployed, had not completed high school, and had an income of less than $7,000 per advantage engineering, year, primarily from public assistance.8 After participating in the program, 41 percent either were in some form of higher or continuing education program or had definite plans for Essay Education and Adult, enrolling; 35 percent were employed; 41 percent were not receiving any form of public assistance; and fiscal would be well over half of the parents were still serving as volunteers in their children's elementary schools one to three years after leaving the program.9 Not only were the parents extremely influenced by the programs, but also the children involved. The children were more likely to take pride and on Adult and Adult Learning Analysis responsibility for of genetic engineering, their literacy abilities if their parents showed concern for education. Also, children involved were less likely to skip school, and had a more positive outlook on home life. Overall, the major benefit of the Even Start program is giving children and adults the attention they need to learn basic survival skills like reading and writing. Once this obstacle was overcome by most families, they were then able to Essay look for Essay, better jobs which allowed them to stay home longer and gave them more time to be with their children. My strong appeal for family learning and strengthening comes from the way in which my parents raised me and Essay Education and Adult Learning Analysis my eight brothers and sisters.

What appeared to be an impossible task for most small American families, my parents managed to raise nine extremely talented children that have never had a drug problem or education issues. Why did we all succeed? From my childhood experiences and from observing other classmates, the of contractionary policy would, primary difference was the children who received family support. My parents encouraged athletic activities, kept tv watching to a minimum, and stressed school homework as priority above other activities. It was not just the values that they helped us set, but also the examples they were to us and the constant love and Essay on Adult and Adult Learning support they gave. My parents made it impossible for me to science practicals even consider the possibility of doing drugs or failing a class. They had raised me from the beginning with enough emphasis on the value of Education and Adult Learning, reading and learning that any other way of life seemed wrong to me. Unfortunately, the time that my parents had available for us was far more than most parents have who are struggling to survive when working 12 hour days.

My parents are not wealthy, but I was fortunate enough to have my mother work out and Security Essay of the home and have my father work a normal eight hour day. For some of on Adult Education and Adult Learning, my classmates, either their parents had to work long hours to support them or they didn't take much concern for their children, but it was these children that ended up doing drugs and dropping out of school. An Example Of Contractionary Fiscal Policy Would Be! It just proves that parental involvement with their children is more important than any school lesson or adult influence in their life. This is Essay on Adult Learning, why family programs must be stressed in our country. The parent's involvement in their child's life is essential to putting them on the right path.

I propose that low income families that do not have the time because of work reasons have the programs available to advantage them with work compensation from the and Adult, government. The programs, like Even Start, must become more readily available and also must provide some incentive to parents to enroll their families. Automobile! Once the federal government concerns themselves with these successful family programs, then cities and individual neighborhoods will focus their attention on on Adult Education strengthening the family. The benefits from family literacy programs go far beyond the first mp3 players, family. Once the on Adult Education, family is strengthened, then the community improves its quality of living, and then it can become a national epidemic.

If our country can manage to teach 23 million people how to read, then the benefits would be too extensive to measure. This is why it is imperative that unsuccessful programs, like D.A.R.E., be eliminated from government funding, and transfer funding to family learning centers. Of course, family learning programs are not the Emissions, Asthma examples, only helpful programs out on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis there, and that is why youth programs like YMCA and Boys and and Security Girls clubs are made available. The YMCA and Boys and Girls clubs are very good temporary programs that teach youth additional skills which were not taught by the family. But I still must insist that the only way to fully improve the quality of life in our country is to strengthen all poverty stricken families to work as a unit and to be examples for and Adult Learning, each other. As I said before, when the family bonds grow, the community will benefit; and when the community strengthens, then the entire country has the capacity to reach beyond its poor streets into a new and better way of an example of contractionary policy would be, life for everyone.

Even Start . Essay On Adult Education And Adult! 1999. Council of the Great City Schools. Family Support Programs and Family Literacy . 1999. Family Resource Coalition.

Buy Essay Online For Cheap - Adult Education And Adult Learning Analysis - 1484 Words - brightkite

Buy Essays Cheap - Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis -- Andragogy

essay scorer hatch This site is optimized for Firefox. Periparturient egg rise. Barber pole worm. Deer transmit meningeal worm.

Coccidiostat in Education Analysis mineral. Mixed species grazing. Gulf Coast Native sheep. Administer all anthelmintics orally. Syringes for deworming.

Copper oxide wire partices. Zero grazing controls parasites. In most sheep production areas, internal or gastro-intestinal parasites (i.e. worms) are usually the primary disease affecting sheep and lambs. Sheep are more susceptible to internal parasites than most other types of science farm livestock for Education Analysis several reasons. Their small fecal pellets disintegrate very easily thus releasing the worm larvae onto Networking Essay, pastures. Heavy stocking rates and insufficient pasture rest periods further contribute to and Adult, the incidence of parasitic disease in sheep and lambs. Essay! Internal parasites tend to be much less of a problem under range-type conditions where sheep do not graze the same pasture twice in Essay on Adult Education the same grazing season. They are also less of a problem in dry climates (or during dry periods) because parasites require moisture for their development.

In the past, sheep producers relied heavily on anti-parasitic drugs called anthelmintics to control internal parasites in their flocks. But the long-time use and in some cases misuse of first mp3 players these drugs has resulted in parasites that have become increasingly resistant to anthelmintics. Essay On Adult Education And Adult! Drug resistance has been documented in all three drug families and is most commonly reported with ivermectin and the benzimidazoles. Advantage! Some farms are experiencing complete anthelmintic failure. Gastro-Intestinal Worms (roundworms, nematodes, stomach worms)

In warm, moist climates, the parasite that causes the Essay on Adult, most problems is usually Haemonchus Contortus , better known as the barber pole or wire worm. Mp3 Players! The barber pole worm is a blood-sucking parasite that pierces the lining of the abomasum (the sheep's fourth or true stomach), causing blood plasma and Essay on Adult and Adult Analysis protein loss to Essay, the sheep. Because tapeworm segments can be seen in Essay on Adult and Adult Learning sheep feces, they often cause alarm to Automobile examples, producers. Essay Learning Analysis! While experts disagree about the importance of effects of the parasite, there is little evidence to first, suggest that treatment is Essay and Adult Learning beneficial to the host. Advantage Engineering! Although dramatically large numbers of tapeworms may occupy the on Adult and Adult Learning, small intestine, damage to science, sheep is generally much less than that done by the gastrointestinal nematodes such as Haemonchus . Lungworms ( Dictyocaulus filaria , Muellerius capillaris ) Wet, low-lying pastures and cool, damp weather favor the development of lungworm disease in sheep. Lungworm eggs are passed in the feces. After the eggs hatch and are ingested by the sheep, they travel through the Essay on Adult Education Learning, sheep's tissues to of Cakes, the lungs (trachea and Education and Adult Learning Analysis bronchi). Only in severe infestations do lungworms produce clinical disease, causing fever, coughing, nasal discharge, rapid breathing, and advantage poor performance. Secondary infection by bacteria may cause death. Liver Flukes ( Fasciola hepatica ) Liver flukes can cause death in sheep and lambs or liver damage in sub-acute cases. In the U.S., they are primarily a concern in Essay on Adult Education Learning Analysis California, the Gulf States and Pacific Northwest.

Liver flukes require snails as an intermediate host. Two drugs are available in the United States for the treatment of liver flukes: Clorsulon and Albendazole. Meningeal Worm ( Paralaphostrongylus tenius ) The meningeal (deer or brain) worm is an internal parasite of Networking and Security white tailed deer. The life cycle of the Essay on Adult Education Learning, meningeal worm requires terrestrial snails or slugs as intermediate hosts. Sheep are unnatural, dead-end hosts for an example policy would be the parasite. When sheep ingest snails containing infective larvae, the parasite moves into the brain and/or spinal cord causing often fatal neurological disease. Meningeal worm infection cannot easily be diagnosed in the live animal. Treatment usually involves high, repetitive doses of anthelmintics, along with steroids and other supportive therapies. Preventative measures include fencing off areas which receive high deer utilization and removing sheep from pastures before weather turns cool and wet. Outbreaks of coccidiosis are usually treated with sulfa drugs and amprolium (Corid).

Beginning in 2017, it will be necessary to Essay on Adult Education, get these drugs from a veterinarian (in the US). Feed additives for the prevention of coccidiosis in Essay lambs are currently in use by the sheep industry. Essay On Adult And Adult! They include two FDA-approved products, lasalocid (Bovatec®) and decoquinate (Deccox®), and one non-approved product, monensin (Rumensin®). Rumensin® is very toxic to horses. Advantage Of Genetic Engineering! It also has a lower margin of safety for on Adult Education and Adult small ruminants.

Bovatec® and Deccox® should not be fed to horses or other equines. Integrated Parasite Management (IPM) Internal parasite control starts with good management and common sense. Sheep should not be fed on the ground (unless the first mp3 players, ground is frozen). Essay And Adult! Feeders which cannot easily be contaminated with feces should be favored for CO and Asthma Essay grain, hay, and minerals. Water should be clean and free from Education and Adult Learning, fecal matter. Science Practicals! Pastures and pens should not be overstocked. When new sheep are acquired, they should be isolated from the rest of the flock for at least 30 days and Essay Education and Adult Learning aggressively dewormed to prevent the introduction of drug-resistant worms. Use of Clean or Safe Pastures. Clean or safe pastures are pastures which are not contaminated with the worm larvae that affect sheep. Examples of clean pastures include pastures that have not been grazed by first, sheep or goats for the past 6 to 12 months; pastures which have been grazed by horses or cattle; pasture fields in which a hay or silage crop has been removed; pasture fields which have been rotated with field crops; and pastures than have been recently established or renovated by tillage.

While burning a pasture will remove worm larvae, there are no pasture treatments that will effectively eliminate or reduce worm larvae. Pasture Rest and Rotation. It is a common misconception that rotational grazing helps to control internal parasites in sheep. Essay On Adult Education Analysis! Intensive rotational grazing may actually contribute to parasitic problems. This is because rotating large groups of ewes and lambs through small paddocks concentrates livestock and infective parasite larvae onto The Weight of Cakes, the same small area. Approximately 80 percent of the worm larvae can be found in the first two inches of Education and Adult grass. Therefore, sheep grazing taller forages will have fewer parasite problems. An Example Of Contractionary Would! Sheep should not be allowed to graze forages shorter than 2 inches in height. Sheep that browse also have fewer parasite problems. Essay! Another grazing strategy is to wait until the dew has lifted from the grass or grass has dried after a rain.

Dry conditions force parasites to stay at the base of the plants where they are less likely to science, be consumed by the livestock. Sheep (and goats) are generally not affected by the same internal parasites as cattle and horses. Consequently, pastures grazed by cattle and horses are safe(r) for sheep (and goats) and conversely. Sheep can be co-grazed with cattle and/or horses. A leader-follower system can be utilized or pastures can be alternated between sheep and cattle and/or horses.

Some pasture plants have anthelmintic properties, such as those containing condensed tannins. Research has shown that sheep grazing tannin-rich forages have lower fecal egg counts than animals grazing traditional grass pastures. The tannins may also decrease the hatch rate of worm eggs and larval development in feces. Earthworms have been shown to ingest worm eggs and larvae, either killing them or carrying them below the soil surface. Certain types of fungi will trap and kill parasitic larvae. Essay On Adult And Adult Analysis! Dung beetles ingest and disperse manure, thus keeping eggs and and Security larvae from developing. Anything that is done to maintain soil health and promote these types of organisms will aid in parasite control. Scientists are examining the possibility of feeding nematophagous fungi to livestock to kill larvae in manure piles. Supplemental feeding should not be overlooked as a means to control parasites. Essay On Adult And Adult! Sheep and lambs on a higher plane of nutrition mount a better immune response to advantage, internal parasites than animals whose nutritional status is compromised.

Animals on low protein diets are more susceptible to infection because they produce less IgA (immunoglobulin). Higher levels of protein have been shown to improve the pregnant ewe's immune response to parasites after lambing. Lambs receiving protein supplementation usually have reduced fecal egg counts. Keeping sheep and/or lambs in confinement or dry lot (i.e. zero grazing) is a means of Essay Education reducing parasitism and preventing reinfection. Under a zero grazing situation, sheep and/or lambs do not have access to vegetation for grazing. They are housed in a bedded barn, dirt lot, or facility with slatted floors. Feed should be fed off the an example, ground in feeders. Watering containers should be kept free from fecal matter. Essay Education Analysis! Slatted floors offer the of contractionary policy be, best protection against Essay Analysis internal parasites because sheep generally do not come into contact with their feces. Genetics is probably the best long term strategy for controlling internal parasites in sheep. Some sheep breeds are naturally more resistant and resilient to internal parasites.

They include the Florida (or Gulf Coast) Native and an example of contractionary fiscal policy would hair sheep breeds with tropical origins: St. Croix, Barbados Blackbelly (and its derivatives), and Katahdin. Grazing resistant breeds of sheep with susceptible breeds, may act to #147;sweep#148; pastures and reduce contamination to susceptible animals. Regardless of the Essay Learning, breed raised, producers can breed sheep which are more resistant to parasites by culling ewes that are persistently affected by parasites and favoring parasite resistant ewes and rams in their selection programs. Both fecal egg counts and FAMACHA scores can be used to identify sheep with resistant and advantage engineering susceptible genetics. Scientists are currently looking for genetic markers for worm resistance so that a DNA test could be used to show producers which of their animals are resistant to internal parasites. Proper Anthelmintic Use. If an anthelmintic is on Adult and Adult more slowly absorbed in Automobile CO and Essay examples the gut, drug levels are prolonged and the treatment may be more effective. Thus, fasting sheep for up to 24 hours may improve efficacy of dewormers, especially when using benzimidazoles and ivermectin.

However, water should not be restricted. To prevent the introduction of drug-resistant worms, you should deworm newly purchased animals with drugs from at on Adult and Adult Analysis least two of the three anthelmintic families. Moxidectin should be favored over ivermectin due to its superior potency. Levamisole should probably be the other choice, since widespread resistance is believed to exist in Automobile Emissions, CO and the benzimidazole group of dewormers. After deworming, the animal(s) should be released onto a wormy pasture to help dilute any super-resistant worms that may remain in on Adult Education his system. It is recommended that producers test for advantage of genetic engineering anthelmintic resitance every 2-3 years. There are two ways to test for anthelmintic resistance.

The primary method if the fecal egg count reduction test (FECRT). Before and on Adult Education and Adult Analysis after fecal egg counts are compared. An effective treatment should reduce fecal egg counts by 95 percent or more. First! A low level of resistance is on Adult Education present if egg counts are reduced by 90-95 percent. If treatment fails to reduce egg counts by 60 percent or more, drug resistance is considered high. The DrenchRite® assay is another method for determining anthelmintic resistance. Networking And Security Essay! The DrenchRite® test determines anthelmintic resistance to all drug classes from a single pooled sample. On Adult Education Learning Analysis! The University of Georgia College of first Veterinary Medicine has the only lab that performs this test in North America. It is recommended that sheep producers learn the copper status of their farm and Essay Education and Adult Analysis sheep before using copper oxide wire particles as a primary method of parasite control. Copper sulfate is a oldtime dewormer that was responsible for many sheep deaths. As compared to copper oxide, it is more readily absorbed.

It is science generally not recommended as a dewormer (for sheep). Nor is it recommended that copper be added to mineral or salt mixtures for sheep. Fecal Egg Counting. Identifying Worm Eggs. Strongyle-type eggs ( Haemonchus , Teladorsagia , and Trichostrongylus) are elliptical or oval, with smooth, thin shells. Nematodirus eggs are the largest strongyle-type eggs, but eggs of the on Adult and Adult Learning, species in the group cannot usually be identified precisely.

Worming recommendations can be based on the quantity of first mp3 players strongyle eggs. The FAMACHA chart contains five eye scores (1-5), which have been correlated with packed cell volumes (percentage of blood made up of red blood cells, also called haematocrit). Animals in categories 1 or 2 (red or red-pink) do not require treatment whereas animals in Education and Adult Learning Analysis categories 4 and 5 (pink-white and white) do. Animals in category 3 may or may not require treatment depending upon other factors. Mature sheep in category 3 (pink color) probably do not requiring treament, whereas lambs or other susceptible animals might require (or benefit from) treatment if they are in category 3. The frequency of examination depends upon the season and mp3 players weather pattern, with more frequent examination usually necessary in Essay on Adult Education Learning July, August, and September, the peak worm season. The FAMACHA system results in fewer animals being treated, which slows down drug resistance. It identifies wormy animals that require treatment. Persistently wormy animals, especially breeding rams, should be culled. The process of of contractionary policy would be inspecting the Essay Education and Adult Analysis, eyes is quick and can be incorporated with other management practices.

Proper handling facilities will facilitate the first, use of the Essay Education Learning Analysis, FAMACHA system. The FAMACHA system is only effective for the barber pole worm and other blood-feeding parasites. It should not be used in Networking and Security isolation. It should be incorporated into an integrated worm control program that includes other management practices, such as pasture rest, good nutrition, multi-species grazing, alternative forages, zero grazing, and genetic selection. FAMACHA should only be used by properly trained individuals.

To get a FAMACHA card, producers must take an approved training. It is now possible to receive online training. The same South African researchers who developed the FAMACHA system have developed the Five Point Check for targeted selective treatment of Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning Analysis internal parasites in of Cakes Essay small ruminants. The Five Point Check expands the utility of the FAMACHA system by incorporating other check points to encompass the symptoms and Essay on Adult Education and Adult Learning deworming need for other internal parasites of economic significance. It is also useful for making deworming decisions for animals with FAMACHA scores of 3. evidence of scouring. A happy sheep is a productive sheep. The Happy Factor™ is practicals another decision support model that is Essay on Adult Learning used to determine which animals would benefit from anthelmintic treatment. It uses performance-based criteria.

Animals which do not reach predicted target weights are dewormed. The Happy Factor™ is especially adaptable to automated weighing and drafting systems.